Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous123
Unregistered

negative so far but nagging symptoms
      #33993 - 05/08/02 07:39 PM

Does anyone know what would cause mild burning skin, deep itching, and muscle twitching. I am getting all these symptoms and im still worried about HIV despite a 6 month negative hiv test. Im worried that i might have a non b subtype because the person i was with is originally from south america. I also am getting itchy red rashy marks that dont last that long. my skin will itch and i will barely touch it and it turns red like a rash. Im worried that this is a systematic infection because these symptoms are generalized. Anyone have these symptoms or know what could be causing them. This is runing my life and everytime i try to forget hiv i get these nagging symptoms. thanks in advance.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: negative so far but nagging symptoms new
      #33996 - 05/08/02 08:45 PM

About 2 years ago I went to the emergency room because I broke out into a rash all over my body. It was pretty severe and I had hives all over. After seeing a doctor he told me i had sensitive skin. He prescribed some pills and 48 hours later the rash was gone. Sometimes if I switch soap or a different moisturizer I break out into rashes. I buy anti-itch cream and the rash goes away. A lot of people have sensitive skin and not even know it until they end up in the ER like me at 4am! You tested negative at 6 months. If you did have a rare subtype the Elisa would have caught it. Testing at 3 months using any generation Elisa is 99.9% accurate. You tested at 6 so add 99.9 to 99.9 and that is how accurate your test is!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33997 - 05/08/02 08:53 PM

Well as far as the deep itching i was describing, i told me doc that sometimes i get deep itching where scratching provides no relief. he said this would be due to something internal. Its generalized so this leads me to believe its a ymptom of a systematic disease.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#34001 - 05/08/02 10:17 PM

there are people that itch constantly. they itch so much they have to scratch and make themselves bleed. you should see a dermatologist.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#34002 - 05/08/02 11:26 PM

I did. He just said it could be so many things. but than again he said it was a temporary thing. Ive had this deep itch for weeks.......

worried2002.
Unregistered

#34013 - 05/09/02 05:42 AM

Deep itching is often a symptom of hepatitis, did you test negative for HEP C?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#34016 - 05/09/02 09:21 AM

Ive never shared needles. I read that HEP C is almost impossible to contract sexually. am i wrong?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2067

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3