Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Ralph
Unregistered

Real Help Please..Questions/Opinions?
      #33836 - 05/06/02 08:54 PM

Here Goes:

I live in the U.S., in Texas to be exact. I got extremely drunk one night in October, where two friends and I decided we were going to boys town in Mexico (Whore houses for everyone out of country) to drink, and have a good time. I got extremely drunk that night, and do not remember quite a bit about that particular night, however I do remember the biggest mistake of my life.

You see I am very happily married, and have two children ages 4 and 6. I do have a drinking problem and in a sober mind, I would have never done what I am confessing to. We got to Mexico and I had many drinks, I even got a blowjob at the table we were sitting at, and later went back to a room where she finished what she started (Blowjob only un-protected). After a couple of hours we went to another whore house where I saw this fat girl and started talking to her as best as I could, as I do not know spanish very well, one thing led to another and we ended up in a room. We had sex, it started out protected, but ended up a broken condom. I think from what I remember the condom broke when I initially started to enter her, so basically it was unprotected sex. I never had an orgasism, as I was so intoxicated, it just was not going to happen. I remeber asking her if she was clean/no STD's and she said she was clean. Exactly 10 days later I had a burning sensation in my penis, I went to a doctor and told them what happened, and they checked for Chlymidia, gonnerea. After a few days they called me and said there was no sign of infection for thoses two diseases. A couple more weeks went by, still burning. I was at my sons birthday party that sunday, and all of a sudden I started feeling dizzy, and my eyes were playing tricks on me, I felt terrible. I went to my doctor the next day and he ran a full CBC, Hepatitis, HIV, you name it. He diagnosed me with prostitis, and gave me doxycycline, which he said would also knock out syphylis if I had it. It did not help my burning. I went to a urologist, and he saw no signs of infection, and told me that it was very remote for me to catch HIV from vaginal sex. I went to another urologist, and he said the same thing, no infection, and highly remote, but to take an HIV test at 6 months for peace of mind.I had the most terrible Thanksgiving, and Christmas as I was dizzy, my vision was blurry, and I was haveing night sweats. All of this lasted fron Nov. 19 to Jan. 18. My mouth was dry, my tongue turned white, I had funny patches on my tongue, which I still have, and then for about 2 weeks my thighs were killing me, I could not eat anything, or hardly walk. I took the Abbott HIV 1/2 test at 6, 8, 11, 12, and 15 weeks, all neg. I took a PCR at week 16 (I do not know what kind) negative. I took another EIA at exactly 6 months, negative. I have been going to alcoholics anonymous, and seeing a psychologist. But I have tremors all over, my tongue is white, and my brain feels like something is racing through it. What ever happened from Nov. to Jan. definitely kicked my butt. I still do not feel right, and have not worked since December because I feel not quite right.

Could I be infected, and they are not picking up on it?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Real Help Please..Questions/Opinions? new
      #33838 - 05/06/02 11:15 PM

you are negative. an hiv test at 3 and 6 months negative means that you are not infected. you've got some other health problems, but they cannot be hiv related.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33851 - 05/07/02 05:25 AM

Ralph, I've got the same problem, buring in penis "dysuria" had urologists (2) exam me nothing, given antibiotics, (doxycycline , zithromax) nothing, all of blood work is neg, hiv's neg, pcr, neg. you know you're the only one on this board besides myself who has mentioned dysuria. maybe that means something.

worried2002.
Unregistered

#33852 - 05/07/02 05:29 AM

There are a lot of contaminations or infections that can explain the burning sensation in your penis, chlamidia and gonorrhea are just two, trichomoniasis, candidiasis, mycoplasma h. infection, ureaplasma urealyticum, herpes are common causes of non-gonococcal/non-specific urethritis. Patches in your mouth need evaluation, strange sensation in mouth can be just Xerostomia (dry mouth) caused by stress, oral ulcers can be triggered by stress too. Believe me, i'm the Stress Guy.
Moreover you took broad spectrum antibiotics (doxycycline) that can cause oral yeast infections.

Dizziness, fatigue, blurred vision, pain, tremors and "racing brain" can be symptoms of depression, i can understand this. I experienced this many times.

The most common symptom of HIV seroconversion illness (or ARS) is UNEXPLAINED HIGH FEVER.

Moreover ARS symptoms usually come within 2-4 weeks from exposure and last about 1-2 weeks, then go. If symptoms persist they are most likely not caused by HIV.

Your neg ELISA tests seem to rule out hiv infection, you even had a negative hiv-1 pcr at week 16. You are hiv negative. If your concern persists test with elisa at 180 days but you can easily breathe and relax just now.

Hope this helps.

worried2002.
Unregistered

#33853 - 05/07/02 05:31 AM

i just saw you already tested neg at 6 months, so this is not hiv.

Ralph
Unregistered

#33858 - 05/07/02 08:30 AM

I appreciate your answer, however the broad range of medicines I took were for Trichomansis, and the urologist during that time said it was not Herpes. My problem with this whole thing is I am at 7 months now, and my mouth feels wierd, and as I said my head just is not right. I am trying to get this HIV thing out of my head, but there are things that can not be explained, and the doctors can not explain. I wonder if I am going to be a late seroconverter?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33875 - 05/07/02 11:02 AM

A negative test result after 6 months is definite. They didn't miss anything. You are not a rare case. Just move on you're fine.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33944 - 05/08/02 08:21 AM

TEXAS? DO YOU KNOW JAMIELEE? SHE IS BETTER THEN A MEXICAN WHOREHOUSE> SHES FREE

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2827

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3