Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ars symptoms
      #33679 - 05/03/02 03:15 PM

Okay, I slept with an HIV+ person (yes I used protection) but at my 7-8 week got a scratchy throat (i could swallow) dripping, sneezing then stuffy nose....and clogged ears. And at week 6 I had pain in groin and when I touched it it hurt I felt one lymph node I went to my OBGYN and she said it was nothing that I probably hit it (i don't remember hitting it) it went away after 3 days. Now, I had a test at 4 days, 16 days and 31 days and all negative..My doctor said there was a slim chance of getting HIV and my chances of getting struck by lightning are greater.....And Dr. Bob on the TheBody said I would remain negative....I never knew this guy had HIV he withheld this information from throughout the whole time....now I'm depressed and I know no one is a doctor here and everyone says it's all in my head and being that I used protection they don't see how I could have gotten I believe different. I'm really scared and crying while I type this.....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
worried2002.
Unregistered

Re: ars symptoms new
      #33682 - 05/03/02 03:20 PM

I may know who are you. The information you got is right. It's really almost impossible to get HIV through protected sex, that's why people use condoms. You know it. Try to calm down, your 3 month test'll be negative and all this will fade away, but i think i've told you this already... Hang on

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33684 - 05/03/02 03:35 PM

worried2002, so this is mere coincindence? I see all this stuff on the internet I think I tested too soon.....and i'm panicking

Bottom line
Unregistered

#33688 - 05/03/02 04:17 PM

hey:

pull it together. I and everyone else here really believe you are fine.

I have swollen lymph nodes in 3 spots, 1 was size of strawberry (I saw when they biopsied it) and I don't have HIV after a fairly risky encounter myslef.

You will be fine.

Spend more time figuring out how you are going to sue this guy!

worried2002.
Unregistered

#33689 - 05/03/02 04:32 PM

No, this could not be mere coincidence. However you were protected, this cuts down your risk to infinitesimal. You tested at 1 month negative and this is reassuring and you are going to test (i think negative) at 3 months for peace of mind. Don't panic, you did everything in your power to protect your health, i believe that you will test negative.

Azard
Unregistered

#33697 - 05/03/02 08:07 PM

Sounds like sexual guilt and shame.

Bottom Line
Unregistered

#33714 - 05/04/02 07:09 AM

The symptoms people have are not coincidence. I have talked about the effects of stress for a long.

Stress can cause an incredible array of symptoms.

Itchy skin, muscle aches, fatigue, depressed immune function resulting in increased colds, flus and infection, acid reflux causing upset stomach and sore throats, headaches, tighting of muscles, insomnia, agitation, forgetfulness, personality changes......

Need I go on. This doesnt even include the normal bodily functions that people never notice until they start focussing on every little thing.

I urge everyone to read up on the effetcs of long term stress on their bodies. They may find some very familier ones

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ars symptoms to bottom line new
      #33720 - 05/04/02 11:09 AM

Dear Bottom Line
Could thrush and symptoms like numbness and tingling in the hands and fingers also be caused by stress. Thats what I have and when i posted a while back everyone said HIV no way only because my exposure was low risk. Well now besides the pain in my abdomen, rashes, pain in underarms and neck, little red pinpoint dots all over body and even a few on tounge that I think are petachiae I now have plaques on my cheeks, white curdlike stuff on my tounge and constant canker sores. The only positive is they heal quickly but are replaced by a new one soon. I find myself in the same boat as confused and some others with a six month neg EIA but still all these symptoms?
Appreciate your feedback

confused
Unregistered

Re: ars symptoms to bottom line new
      #33728 - 05/04/02 04:34 PM

I still have many symptoms,numbing hands ect.still waiting for my 6 month test results won't know for another week or so.had a 3 and 4 month neg test. good luck to you

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5581

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3