Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ars symptoms - anyone know?
      #33502 - 05/01/02 04:07 PM

I have been tested at 4 days, 16 days and 31days (negative) now in my 8th week I got a cold, runny nose and sore throat, and small cough (I'm a smoker) I am starting to get paranoid and last week I had pain in my right lymph node in my groin.....I need some answers some help. I called my HIV counselor and he said I am fine and he will NOT test me until June 4th that's my three month test. He says I'm fine.....I say otherwise...what do you all think.....worried2002 told me I am fine....I had sex with HIV+ man (protected) but I'm still very alarmed by this and I'm very scared....I don't want to be positive.....I didn't ask for this....he lied to me he told me after the relationship was over I am devastated.....my girlfriends at work tell me it's all in my mind and I basically have alienated everyone because they say I have an irrational fear of HIV and no one answers my calls no more....I know if it would have been them going through this they would feel the same........some one please answer me.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bottom line
Unregistered

Re: ars symptoms - anyone know? new
      #33503 - 05/01/02 04:26 PM

Slow down, take a breath and relax.

The addition of a barrier (condom) in sex with or without HIV cuts the risk of transmission way down. Like way down. Chances are good that you are safer than someone who has had unprotected sex with an unknown HIV status person.

There are a lot of other factors that go against HIV infection as well. I liken it to getting pregnant.

Certian things have to fall in place and the use of a condom cuts out about 99% of those things.

Take your counselors advice and test at three months then relax. I am sure you are fine as ar 95% of people in this forum.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1141

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3