Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Red Cross testing?
      #33140 - 04/27/02 02:00 PM

With donated blood does the red cross do pcr or some other testing that elisa testing won't pick up? If having possible symptoms past 6 month period with negative results(elisa testing) but unk status of partner would a pcr test definitely rule out hiv. What symptoms would make a doctor take a pcr test on a patient who has negative results?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Red Cross testing? new
      #33146 - 04/27/02 04:28 PM

Elisa after 6 months is as good as you can get. The PCR will not give you any other answer - that you already have and that is negative status.

So, don;t search for something that does not exist and than find some small symtpoms that will drag you on and on for months.

You have to make yourself to beleive 6 months Elisa, or you will not beleive PCR either. No doctor in the world will warrant PCR test after 6 months negative Elisa test.

Don't even ask for it, but try to move on and sick some therapy if you can to get rid off those feelings that will continue stopping you to go on in life.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33148 - 04/27/02 06:10 PM

the red cross does more extensive testing than anyone so if its past 6 months then u clear they do the hiv 1 and 2 antigen, nat, dna, viral load , so if you were in any way posssible infected with hiv the red cross would have know relax

Anonymous
Unregistered

is this needhelp02? new
      #33151 - 04/27/02 06:44 PM

If it is, give us all a break!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33155 - 04/27/02 08:15 PM

The Red Cross only use pcrs on vast amounts of blood from multiple donators. So no, they dont do the test on individual donors. They only use the Elisa HIV1/2 and Antigen on individual blood. So all of you that think your going to get a free PCR test, think again.

TerryD
Unregistered

#33158 - 04/27/02 08:55 PM

The PCR test is inavlid as a indication of hiv viral load. Dr Mullis who invented the test says so and he knows.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33181 - 04/28/02 12:00 AM

if the tests showed pos they would test individual samples so they do too test for pcr if a sample is pos

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33184 - 04/28/02 01:10 AM

thanks for the replies.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#33207 - 04/28/02 02:10 PM

No they Do NOT. When I say vast amounts of blood I mean hundreds of donors. They are not going to spend the time nor money to test every sample individually. Any it dosent matter anyways because at that time the blood is already mixed so they dont know whos is whos. Dr Holidny has even clarified this so dont think you can get a free pcr from this because it wont happen. If you want a pcr than go get one urself and stop freeloading.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1829

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3