Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
needhelp02

Reged: 03/05/02
Yet another PCR DNA question!!
      #32971 - 04/25/02 03:35 PM

Please, everyone don't kill me here. I am just trying to find information, that's all. Quest Diagnostics says that the PCR DNA exam could yet false negatives for very low lymphoctyes. Does anyone know if this means just CD4s or all lymphoctyes (CD8, etc)? I'm not sure what exactly the exam looks at. I have read it reads mononuclear cells. Which exactly are those? Also, has anyone ever actually used this test before and tested positive with it? Thanks for the help. Maybe this information could be useful to other people as well.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bottom line
Unregistered

Re: Yet another PCR DNA question!! new
      #32975 - 04/25/02 04:26 PM

Need Help, get help. By now you must know at least as much as the experts. If you are past 3 months and have tested negative Elisa than are most likely fine. If were actually exposed to someone with the virus and had sex or shared needels with them, then test at 6 months with Elisa and move on.

All the experts say that the best way to test for HIV is to wait 3 months and take an Elisa test. PCR is not how they recomend doing it, so why not do it right.

I empathise with you and all who are inside the 3 or dreaded six month period but the bottom line is if you did the crime (unsafe sex or shared needles) then you gotta do the time. It is just that simple.

God Luck

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1591

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3