Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Baffled ChrisT.
Unregistered

Help me figure this out
      #32753 - 04/23/02 04:48 PM

I have a question Does light stools(color) and more frequent trips indicative of HIV infection. I know not just by itself but all other symptoms have resided except for numbness is right hand pinky finger but that probably is due to nerves for Perihpeal Neuropathy wouldnt happen this quick, or so i have read. I have been tested for Hepatitis a,b,c twice and havent shown up yet. It has been 72 days post exposure and i am scared to death probably more than the rest of you, for i took it too far. On my quest to rule out hiv infection, i took numerous dna's all not-detected,12,20,30,41,52 days post exp.---------------Rna VL to 50 copies, UDETECTED at 52 days-------------------ELISA's, 7,20,30,42,49,52, and 60 days post exp.----------------on my insistence a western blot to try and rule out hiv infection, but instead i got a reactive test with bands present meeting criteria for a positive test. Well that was at 52 days, and since then i had the girl in question tested with me and she tested negative at 60 days my last elisa, so i am really confused. IF indeed i am infected, one would think that she would have tested positive, or both of us since i was showing a positive wb. I have read that you would not have a positve w.b b4 a positve elisa. i am in a true jam here for numerous doctors have told me that it has to be a mistake and to retake the elisa only at 90 days in about 2 weeks from now and if it is negative be reassured that i am negative, but after alot of other symptoms corelating hiv to the tee how does one do that, i dont know. how could i have hiv if she tested negative, this is beyond my comprehension, any insight is greatly needed, i have thought that she could have a rare strain like O but what is the likliehood of that. I was assured that all other clades of hiv1 would be picked up like A-H does anybody know the answer for i have read numerous articles about putting rare strains into persective and it doesnt seem likely that i would get one of those. i have read hep can cause false positive elisas and wb, but can it b4 you actually test positive for it. any advice from you all is appreciated, should i move on if i get a negative elisa, i would have never even had a wb b/c all elisa's so far have been negaitve and you only get one if you are positive on the elisa, Help me please for i am hoping and praying that this next one is negative at 90 days its the big one and with the girl testing negative it would point to it being neg. also i had my CD count taken and they were 750(50)----cd8 405(27) ratio1;85 sound normal, i know that people talk about sed rate and doctors say you cant diagnose on it but mine was 8 at about 30 days post exposure and then at 49 it was down to 2.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
confused
Unregistered

Re: Help me figure this out new
      #32756 - 04/23/02 05:01 PM

Ive had the same symptoms,the light stools have stopped still have some symptoms,I to have numbing in my fingers, the little finger and the one next to it, Light stools could be hepatitis,Ive been tested for hiv hep b and c at 3 months and 4 months both neg,im going for one more at 6 months ,If you and the lady you were with are both tested at 3 months,you would think one of you would have tested pos if you were. Good luck

Jade G.
Unregistered

#32758 - 04/23/02 05:19 PM

Honey, you're right, you have taken it too far! You must have money to burn, having taken all of those tests! You should never have had the Western Blot (as you know) with a negative ELISA. WBs often give false positives and that is why they are not used as the primary tool to test for HIV. The woman who you slept with could have been in the window period when tested, but that is unlikely. Take you 90 days test and give it a rest. I highly doubt that you have HIV.

Baffled ChrisT.
Unregistered

#32761 - 04/23/02 05:37 PM

Thanks for the encourging words. I have to get a grip on this thing it is eating up my life. I pray that i don't have it, i am just so confused after testing negaitve with this girl at 60 days and both being negative i dont understand how i could have gotten it, i definitely had something i just hope that it is not hiv. Is it negligent on my part to test at 3 months and then again at 6 months and providing they are both negative let it go in spite of the Wb or should i do something further like different tests,

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
      #32763 - 04/23/02 05:48 PM

You have had no syptoms that correlate to HIV infection. HIV symptoms are VERY non-specific. There are NO definitive symptoms of HIV.

You have only yourself to blame for testing as much as you did. Your doctor's don't seem very concerned and they have even said that most likely it is a lab error. That's all you need to focus on. All the other stuff is circumstantial and does not mean anything.

Instead of focusing on what is most likely a lab error, why don't you focus on the fact that all your other tests are negative and even your doctor doesn't seem to concern. Of course he says test in a month. That is the normal protocal, but that doesn't mean you are infected. Calm Down for heavens sake.

J.
T.i.a.d.

Jade G.
Unregistered

#32772 - 04/23/02 07:21 PM

You should let it go after a 3 month negative

ChrisT.
Unregistered

please read this response new
      #32773 - 04/23/02 07:26 PM

What would you call, ulcer in my mouth a big one, never had one b4 happened day after contact, to a rash on my forehead that extended into my hairline(raised) bumps, to at 2 weeks after sore neck, EXTREME fatigue and muscle weakness, sore throat on again off again for several weeks, body turned red like flushed colored to change in stool color and diareaha like on and off, unexplained bruise on my leg,severe acne breakouts, stops that came out on my hands and wrist that looked like burns that were transient, still have muscle weakness to date, with tingling sensation in my right hand specifically on my pinky finger, with now looks like a wart on one of my fingers, i know anyone could get one but seems a little odd especially with all the other symptoms, and BOOM a positive WB, i think there is reason for concern!! The only thing that throws me off is the girl tested NEGATIVE!!! After alot of research i'm convinced now that current ELISA's don't miss any clades, except for O and probably detect it now-a-days, but it is extremely rare, so if antibody tests detect all of group "M" A-H what in the world is happening to me? Help explain that to me if you could, only possible senerio i can come up with is maybe the girl is in her window period also, but i was saying that she was not b/c after i started questioning her about HIV she told me about things that happen to her like unexplained nose bleeds, skin problems like fungal infections, that she attributed to stress, to tonsilitis a year ago really bad, to now what she had an ultrasound for weeks ago pain in her sternum that moved to her right side, i just so happen to read an article in January about HIV and the gut that stated pain in the sternum then moves to right side indicitve of HIV infection, so I am led to believe that she has past her window period, so if she is indeed infected and has infected me, how come no antibodies? Could it be she has stopped producing them, she is able to get around, so i thought that one would stop producing them only in the advanced stages of HIV when you could not get around? Is this correct?Or is it when you fall below a certain T-Cell count? I dont know the answer to this can anyone help me out?
Thank you CT

ChirsT.
Unregistered

#32774 - 04/23/02 07:31 PM

HOw do you go about letting it go with all these things that look bad and not in my favor? My 3 month mark is May the 9th i still have a few days to go, i guess it was good that i tested negative at60 days, i have read that 90-95% test positive my 60 days, and 95-99% by 3 months? Is this correct, if i didnt get HIV then what in the world did i catch? Is it possible for Hep to cause these symptoms and not be dicovered until later? Or any other illness?

Jade G.
Unregistered

#32775 - 04/23/02 07:48 PM

BTW- with all of those non-detected PCRs and negative ELISAs, there's no way that you are infected.

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Re: please read this response new
      #32777 - 04/23/02 07:56 PM

Chris,

Your WB was a lab error. It's your own fault. You tested so many times you upped the odds of getting a false positive. You got what you want. Now you can worry about something that the doctor told you not to worry about.

You may have quite a few 'symptoms' but they aren't indicitive of HIV. However, since you seem to know better than your own doctor, I guess you have already made up your mind. In that case there is nothing more any of us can say. You won't believe it. You will just continue to tell us how we are wrong. Not even considering how flimsy your position is....kinda like Terry.

Seriously, have you sat back and really considered how ludicrous your theory is that she doesn't produce antibodies? I guess because you have tested negative so many times, that is the excuse you use for yourself also. Gee I wonder what are the odds of 2 people not having antibodies. Not real high, since you both would have been in the hospital and not indulging in what brought you here. If you don't make antibodies to HIV, you don't make antibodies to anything.

Get a hold of yourself. You have let the fear take over your common sense.

J.
T.i.a.d.

Jade G.
Unregistered

#32778 - 04/23/02 08:23 PM

You've forgotten one thing: a non-dectected result after 28 days from a (or in your case, many) PCR by DNA AND the negative ELISAs mean that you cannot be infected with HIV. Not to mention the woman who you slept with is negative. She can't give you what she ain't got. You can and should let this go. You should never have had that WB test. Like I said before, they are known to give false positives, which is why they are only used to confirm positive ELISAs.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#32788 - 04/23/02 09:14 PM

Maybe there's something new going around. I've had many of the same symptoms. I tested negative at 3 and 6 months, but I still can't shake off the muscle pain, headaches, pain in lymph nodes, etc. 4 doctors are telling me that I can't be infected. I want to believe them so bad but they can't explain my symptoms. I am just as confused. I will test again at 9 months in 2 weeks.

une_fille

Reged: 03/28/02
Re: May 9 - 3 months new
      #32790 - 04/23/02 10:34 PM

Hey Chris T, May 9th is MY 3 months as well! my symptoms are driving me wacky, too, as i'm sure you've read. and the guy i was with tested negative, too...he tested at 3 weeks after we were together so of course i think he was in his window period. i've pestered him so much he won't talk to me anymore. anyway, may 9 is just around the corner! let's both try to hang in there!

ChrisT.
Unregistered

#32791 - 04/23/02 11:05 PM

Im trying to hang in there i am one step away from the insane assylum. I cant handle this anymore, i am on some medicine for depression and anxiety but it is not working to well this is overtaking me i really think that i am in trouble this time and if it is true then my world is over!!!! I am truely done!!!

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

#32792 - 04/23/02 11:13 PM

"......and if it is true then my world is over!!!! I am truely done!!!"

Why?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5629

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3