Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Springer
Unregistered

to Anonymous
      #32579 - 04/22/02 12:22 PM

Dear Anonymous the tests I am asking for are:-

CD4 to see if I’ve got AIDS yet, she said that a normal count could be as low as 350 that’s not what I read!

bDNA ‘b’ means branch this PCR test looks for B subtypes so it would be good for the others but can still yield false negs.

A regular ELISA which my HIV councillor admitted is more tuned towards B strains but I have also been told from an ID expert that it covers all KNOW subtypes apart from N (what about the ones they don’t know about!?)

The other did not seam to have a name but the doctor said they were going to look and see if I have any of the components which make up the virus which are ENV, POL and GAG, Won’t go into detail but this is exactly what the western Blot looks for I want this test in case it is the N subtype.

I want them to look at my blood with an electron microscope but did not know anything about this.

Try writing a letter to your doc as I did explaining everything, exposure, concerns etc. throw in some print outs about N subtypes being missed on ELISA tests but being picked up on the WB, and if your lucky they may run the tests. If you truly are experiencing debilitating symptoms as me don’t take no for an answere, there are some many nice but ignorant and arrogant doctors out their, you are feeling whets going on in your body not them.

Hope this helps, why not get a user name and I will follow you better

All the best Springer

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 700

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3