Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

REALLY SCARED
      #32493 - 04/21/02 05:03 PM

A FEW MONTHS I HAD MY FIRST GAY ENCOUNTER. THERE WAS SOME RUBBING AND TOUCHING BUT WHAT REALLY SCARED ME IS THIS GUY CAME ON MY FACE AND I HAD A SEVERE ACNE BREAK-OUT. I HAVE A GF AND LOVE HER DEARLY. I DON'T WANT TO INFECT HER. I ASKED THE GUY IF HE HAD EVER BEEN TESTED AND HE SAID NO. I REALLY HATE MYSELF FOR DOING THIS. A FEW WEEKS AFTER THIS HAPPEND I HAD A FEW NIGHTS OF COLD SWEATS, MY LYMPH NODES WERE SWOLLEN, MOUTH ULCERS AND FEVER. I TESTED NEG AT 7 WEEKS. CAN TRANSMISSION HAPPEN THIS WAY? I READ THAT SOME EXPOSURES TAKE LONGER TO SEROCONVERT THAN OTHERS. WOULD THE AMOUNT OF INFECTION A PERSON COMES IN CONTACT WITH OR THE TYPE OF EXPOSURE BE A REASON FOR THAT?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: REALLY SCARED new
      #32494 - 04/21/02 05:12 PM

Relax. It doesn't matter if the other person was negative or positive.

There are only 3 ways for transmission to occur.

Sexual as in insertive or receptive anal or vaginal. Receptive oral (as in giving).

Blood to blood as in sharing needles, occupational needle sticks or transfusions.

Mother to child from birth or nursing.

What you described does not fall into ANY of those categories. Transmission just doesn't occur from what happened to you.

If it makes you feel better test at 3 months. It will be negative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#32496 - 04/21/02 05:54 PM

I can definitly related to what your going through. I always knew I was attracted to others guys but figured it wasnt worth the discrimination, etc. Well met a guy and you know what happens next. Asked him beforehad if he had tested for STD's and hiv, he said he had and he was negative. He also said he had only been with four other guys in his lifetime. Anyways afterwards he started telling me about all his wild sex nights which included orgies, etc. I thought to myself, uh why didnt he mention this beforehand. Needless to say i freaked and left right after he told me this. Tested out to six months negative, but realized that you can never trust someone with things like this. I defnitiyl will never get involved sexually with another male because if this encounter. The fact that so many gay men are irresponsible when it comes to HIV makes me wanna throw up. Any gay guy that is willing to have sex with you without even knowing you should be a red flag for you. anyways good luck on future tests.

TerryD
Unregistered

#32499 - 04/21/02 06:25 PM

What a bunch of homophic propaganda (anal sex hight risk). Another straight women telling gays how to live.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#32505 - 04/21/02 06:41 PM

Anal sex is high risk for HIV you moron. Why do you thik 1 out of 5 gay men have HIV. stop denying reality. Why do you continue to hang around this board? Noone here likes you. get the hint already loser.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Terry, can't you do any better? new
      #32512 - 04/21/02 07:24 PM

Yes Terry, according to reliable sources, ie: everyone but you unprotected anal sex is high risk.

My belief that people should use condoms doesn't make me homophobic. I've never said only gays should use condoms. I'm HIV because I didn't use condoms, and as you pointed out, I'm a straight woman.

Personally I don't care if people screw each other in the ear, as long as they do it safely. It's pretty sad that the only way you have found to combat my beliefs is to say I'm homophobic.

Instead of going after me, couldn't you have just stated your beliefs instead. Couldn't you have just as easily have posted that in your opinion HIV does not exist and that no one needs to use condoms?

Oh yeah, don't tell me about how you just want a democratic discussion on this board. You purposely target Gregg and I not with intelligent points or discussions but personal slams. Iíve noticed that the more frustrated you get with not being able to undermine us, the more nasty you have gotten. Lately, it seems you are unraveling right before our eyes. I figure it won't be long before you become completely unstrung.

I wonder how you would have responded to the anonymous post in relation to your PCR link the other day if you had known it was me. So much for your theory that Iím closed minded and donít even bother to consider the other side.

Just like I said to the other poster, which may or may not be you. If it makes you feel better to get personal and slam me....be my guest. If being nasty to me makes you feel like some big man and gives you some goal in your little life, glad I can help. You do seem to need all the help you can get :)

Besides, your comments are so off the wall, that it makes great comic relief for the board.

Little gnats are just annoying, but aren't a real problem.

TerryD
Unregistered

Re: Terry, can't you do any better? new
      #32536 - 04/22/02 12:54 AM

Why don't you back up your points with facts (ie referances)? It is obvious to me that you have not read one Aids dissident book and so you must resort to insults and trying to say I'm less of a man for challenging your limited knowledge. Also I don't need some straight women telling me about sex or giving me health advice. You do not have experience as a gay man to dictate what is good or me or any other gay person for that matter. It also appears that you have not worked through your internalized homophobia and you have tryed to insinuate that I'm less of a man many times and that I'm mentally unstable(an old homophobic trick that many gay have been subjected to). Also I have never "targeted" Gregg and have had good exchanges with him.

Terry_D
Unregistered

#32537 - 04/22/02 12:54 AM

Why don't you back up your points with facts (ie referances)? It is obvious to me that you have not read one Aids dissident book and so you must resort to insults and trying to say I'm less of a man for challenging your limited knowledge. Also I don't need some straight women telling me about sex or giving me health advice. You do not have experience as a gay man to dictate what is good or me or any other gay person for that matter. It also appears that you have not worked through your internalized homophobia and you have tryed to insinuate that I'm less of a man many times and that I'm mentally unstable(an old homophobic trick that many gay have been subjected to). Also I have never "targeted" Gregg and have had good exchanges with him.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

#32543 - 04/22/02 05:40 AM

Many times I supply links to my posts. My answers are based on what I have learned and read. So I do back up my posts.

HIV/AIDS is not a gay issue, it's a health issue. What I believe applies to everyone. It's you that seems to believe that if a person is not gay, they don't know what they are talking about. You keep making the distinction, not me. Gee maybe you're...hetrophobic.

Must have hit a nerve with that less of a man thing. Perhaps that's how you really feel about yourself? Seems that your belief about gays is that they are full of self-hatred. Which in turn leads to unhealthy lifestyles. You still haven't explained how that theory fits into babies born positive or unwitting partners that get infected through partners that cheat.

T.i.a.d.

TerryD
Unregistered

#32583 - 04/22/02 01:14 PM

You don't seem to understand what homophobia is about do you? I don't compare myself to so-called "straight men" so I do have a problem with a hetero women challenging my manhood. It an old trick used by women that only works on some hetero men I'm afraid. For years gay men have been told we are less of a "man" because we have sex with other men. It used to be that "homosexuality" was classified as a mental illness until the 70's when it was changed. Then Aids emerged and now we are labelled with another physical disease. So your wrong Aids is primarily a "gay" issue and always has been. There are just a minority of heteros that have jumped on the bandwagon for the ride. As far as why your here you are either a drug user or a person who got sucked into taking the hiv test. Your ultimate crime is low self-esteem, ignorance and self-hatred but you are not at risk for aids and never will be unless you become a drug addict. Babies of so-called "hiv positive" women are the ultimate victims in this fraud and one of the main reasons I became a aids dissident. Their only reason for having aids is the fraudulent hiv test determined them sick or at risk. The drugs used to treat women and children are horrendous poison and a crime against humanity.
Check out the so-called "side effects to nevirapine the drug used for women and children..

"WARNING: SEVERE LIFE-THREATENING SKIN REACTIONS, INCLUDING FATAL CASES HAVE OCCURRED IN PATIENTS TREATED WITH VIRAMUNE. THESE HAVE INCLUDED CASES OF STEVEN-JOHNSON SYNDROME, TOXIC EPIDERMAL NECROLYSIS, AND HYPERSENSITIVE REACTIONS CHARACTERISED BY RASH, CONSTITUTIONAL FINDINGS, AND ORGAN DYSFUNCTION. PATIENTS DEVELOPING SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS OF SEVERE SKIN REACTIONS OR HYPERSENSITIVITY REACTIONS MUST DISCONTINUE VIRAMUNE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. SEVERE AND LIFE-THREATENING HEPATOTOXICITY, INCLUDING FATAL HEPATIC NECROSIS, HAS OCCURRED IN PATIENTS TREATED WITH VIRAMUNE. RESISTANT VIRUS EMERGES RAPIDLY AND UNIFORMLY WHEN VIRAMUNE IS ADMINISTERED AS MONOTHERAPY, THEREFORE, VIRAMUNE SHOULD ALWAYS BE ADMINISTERED IN COMBINATION WITH ANTIRETROVIRAL AGENTS."

Xander
All Star

Reged: 10/01/01
      #32631 - 04/22/02 05:32 PM

Jackie Blue wrote:
There are only 3 ways for transmission to occur.
Sexual as in insertive or receptive anal or vaginal...etc.

I certainly do not see how this could qualify as "homophobic propaganda". Particularly on this forum, a recounting of the ways by which hiv can be transmitted seems very useful in allaying many people's fears.

Observer
Unregistered

#32679 - 04/23/02 01:06 AM

Its anal-phobic which is based on homophobia and the fear of being penatrated or seen as feminine which relates to how society sees women as inferior.

Xander
All Star

Reged: 10/01/01
      #32732 - 04/23/02 12:42 PM

The idea that pointing out that wearing condoms during vaginal or anal sex will reduce the transmission of hiv is homophobic is a rather remarkable theory.

With all due respect to this unique idea, however, I hope that most people will take steps to protect themselves, and then relax and enjoy whatever type of sex they might engage in.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2815

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3