Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
une_fille
All Star

Reged: 03/28/02
persistent swollen nodes
      #32394 - 04/19/02 09:27 PM

after my high-risk encounter 9 weeks ago, i still have swollen nodes (since week 2) in the neck and groin. 3 weeks ago the doc put me on antibiotics for sinunitis and laryngitus. i finished the anitbiotics a week ago, but the nodes perisist. the ones in the neck swell and shrink throughout the day every day and i just don't even think about the ones around my groin because then i just start panicking. i also have a tingling sensation in my tongue since week 2 also. everyone just tells me it's in my head, but sometimes when i am not stressing about this, i can still feel the sensation in my tongue. also, swollen glands are not caused by stress, so it's not in my head...they've been swollen for 7 weeks now!! i had a negative ELISA two days ago and a negative DNA PCR at 6 1/2 weeks. what is the deal?? what is up with the nodes? thanks for letting me rant. i haven't been on this site for the last couple of weeks and i see there are lots of node issues going on now, thought i'd join you :)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: persistent swollen nodes new
      #32404 - 04/20/02 12:20 AM

Look I dont wanna be a hypocrit because I freaked out over symptoms just as much are you are. But it is extremely unlikely your hiv positive. A negative elisa and DNA PCR at 6 weeks is very reliable. There are so many other thigs that cause swollen lymph nodes. If MONO was as serious as HIV im sure you would be convincing yourself that you have that. Just tell yourself that youve tested negative and there are other bacteriums or virusus that are causing your swollen nodes. Good Luck bud

worried2002.
Unregistered

#32413 - 04/20/02 08:15 AM

the nodes -if caused by sinusitis- can stay swollen for a few days after you completed your antibiotics cycle. Ask your doctor about them. I did not understand if you have swollen glands in your groin. Do you? Those are clearly not caused by sinusitis. Ask the doc.

--
w02

une_fille
All Star

Reged: 03/28/02
      #32445 - 04/20/02 08:44 PM

Yes, I do still have swollen nodes in the groin. I am going to the general doc on Monday and back to the ENT on Wednesday. We'll see. I'm going to have to get a second job just to cover co-pays!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2416

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3