Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ARS
      #32377 - 04/19/02 03:53 PM

I have 6 more weeks for my 3 month test. I have had three tests in the past 6 weeks the last one at approximately 1-month would I be experiencing ARS I have a pain down on my left side of my pelvic area it feels like my area is a little sore. I'm on my period I am very scared and neck is a little sore is this HIV? Do you have to have severe muscle pain where you can't get up? I can get up but I'm so nervous....I had sex with HIV+ person but always used protection and also I didn't know, either. Everyone says it's in my head and Jackie assured me I would be okay.I need her to help me I hope she comes back.........

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS new
      #32379 - 04/19/02 04:46 PM

Sore neck and mild muscle pains can be caused by anxiety.

A different thing would be if you have swollen glands in the groove between your pelvis and tigh (or in your neck, under your chin, behind or in front of your ears) and they are reactive to pressure, i mean they are tender, hurt when you touch them.

Seroconversion can be even almost perfectly asymptomatic, or can be marked by severe flulike symptoms. Fever appears in 90% of the cases, other markers are lymphadenopathy (swollen glands in two or more non contiguous stations), a diffuse maculopapular rash, pharingytis (sore throat), joint-muscle pain. The AR syndrome can be mistaken for infectuous mononucleosis.

If you are worried about your symptoms get evaluated by a competent phisician. You shouldn't try to diagnose yourself.

The fact that you always correctly used protection should have prevented infection. Your negative test at 1 month is reassuring. Try to calm down, counseling could be helpful. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. Best of luck. Hugs

--
w02
w02

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1180

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3