Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
CHRIS t.
Unregistered

i need everyones help with ths one please
      #32234 - 04/17/02 05:47 PM

Well i am despartely counting down the days to my 3 month marker. 23 days left. I am going absolutely insane waiting on this my life has come to a complete and utter standstill with me ready for the insane assylum. I am on the verge of a mental meltdown here, and nothing can save me this time except for some intravention from the good LORD. 63 days ago i had unprotected vaginal intercourse with and performed oral on her she was of unknown status. Well the day after i developed a major apothous ulcer in my cheek never had one b4 in my life. Well that same week i got a rash on my forehead around my hairline and face broke out alot. Then at 2 weeks into this i got flushed red over my whole body with SEVERE MONO like fatigue. three weeks into this i developed a sore throat that has came and went along the way nothing major though. Only got the chills with no recorded fever or lymph node swelling. Just what i thought to be some tenderness in lymph areas but no swelling i made sure. The rash on my forehead came again at week five and lasted a couple of days and disappeared again. My body has broken out on my chest and bad with acne but dont know if extreme stress might have caused it? I have had an unexplained bruise on my leg once and the muscle weakness lasted for about 4 weeks to about wee 6 overall. Here is where it gets messy. TESTING-----PROVIRAL DNA by PCR done at 12, 18,20,30, 41, and 52 days post exposure all NOT-DETECTED. P24 antigen test at 42 days NEGATIVE. EIA antibody test at 7,30,42,52, and last at 60 days all NEGATIVE. RNA by PPCR UNDETECTED at 52 days down to 50 copies. Ok then on my persistence the doctor said no to a Western BLot but i cohersed him to give me one and guess what i came back positive with p24 and p120 and rest of them equivical or absent. This sent me into panic mode. I contacted the girl in question and she agreed to come with me and have a test taken and we both did at 60 days post exposure and guess what hers was negative. After the doctor had pretty much told me that i have HIV i faxed my paperwork to another doctor at an HIV clinic at a local universtiy and she said that it wwould be unlikely that i was infected due to the negaitve viral load and negative antibody test. So im really confused especially after a long list of symptoms. My initial bloodwork showed a low wbc of 4.2 and elevated monocytes to 14(3-8) being normal. Second set of cbc showed wbc at 5 and same monocytes and sed rate at 8. Well at 42 days sed rate was at 2. I am really confused here, i know for sure where this infection came from but she tested negative once b4 when i asked her but didnt believe that they were her results and then again with me present at 60 days. From what she had told me about herself after the contact had been made when i was asking her about hiv she said that a couple of years ago she had really bad nose bleeds, last year inflamed tonsils, and we she cuts herself she doesnt heal as quick as she used to. Then now she had pain in her sternum that has moved off to her right side. From what ive read all classic hiv signs. Is it possible that she is infected with a subtype that is not being picked up on with the antibody test? HIV2 is out for she was tested for that on her first test and cdc said that hiv screen would pick up on it over 92 % of the time anyway. They also stated that current antibody tests pick up all strain of hiv, if that is true then is a lab error possible on the western blot? I am going crazy here and all replies are greatly appreciated for i have nowhere to turn over these next 23 days, and if i indeed turn to be negaitve at 23 days does that rule out all strains of the virus from my knowledge she has not had any out of country experiences, if another strain what kind of test would be required for the cdc said current antibody tests are good at detecting all subtypes of HIV 1?
CHRIS

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dr. Gallant answered your question new
      #32235 - 04/17/02 06:24 PM

If you havent seen Dr Gallant has answered your question with some very encouariging news for you.

http://hopkins-aids.com/forum/view_question.html?section_id=61&id=51430&category_id=0

worried2002.
Unregistered

Re: i need everyones help with ths one please new
      #32249 - 04/17/02 08:37 PM

This must have been some strange, very strange, cross reaction. Retesting with ELISA at 90 days as Dr. Gallant says seems to be tha best option. Hugs

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1225

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3