Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Magnus
Unregistered

Frozen Blood
      #32178 - 04/17/02 06:52 AM

Their is to bad that doctors that stating that persons have taken longer than 3 months to be positive haven´t frozen this patient bllod to test with todays test and see if the person still would be negative then we could be more secure if the blood would show positive with todays test.

Patients blood from the beginning av the epedemic and had a primary infection, those persons blood have been frozen and been tested with newer test they have showed to be positive but negative with older tests so you have also some data from this kind.

So it is to bad that blood from persons with delayed serocoversions haven´t been frozen because the test have been updated the whole time.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
worried2002.
Unregistered

Re: Frozen Blood new
      #32182 - 04/17/02 08:44 AM

I don't see why they should have done it as the window period was then 6 months

Magnus
Unregistered

#32184 - 04/17/02 08:52 AM

it was also then when we had 6 months unusal to have a positive test so those that took longer than 3 months would be intresting to know if they also would be negative with todays test. It happen that people took 6 months then but it was more rare than you think. It wasn´t so that ALL took longer than 3 months.

Magnus
Unregistered

#32185 - 04/17/02 08:55 AM

In 1990 the HIV test was 95% accurate at 45 days. So you may understand that it was already then rare to test positive at 3 months so person that/if tested positive after that(3 months) what would todays ELISA have showed, do you understand what i mean?

worried2002.
Unregistered

#32187 - 04/17/02 09:07 AM

Yes, i understand your point, maybe someone did it and we don't know it. I don't know if there are published researches on this.
In routine tests no one freezes your blood anyway. It may have been done in cases of healthcare workers.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#32197 - 04/17/02 09:58 AM

they could actually do it now, just use the old test to test the HIV positive blood.

Magnus
Unregistered

#32202 - 04/17/02 10:14 AM

Yes, they can do it know but the question are if todays test would have picked up those that says have taken longer than 3, 6 and 9 months. To have blood for these extremly rare indivduals if someone had taken longer than 3-6-9 months and if that blood had been frozen and test with the test today and it would show positive, Yes then we would be more confident for a three months test.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Get over it new
      #32255 - 04/18/02 01:23 AM

Why are you so caught up with this 3-6 month thing. Seems like your doubting ur 3 month test and trying to convince yourself that a 6 month is not necesary. Its still very possible to not test positive untill 6 months. The 6 month period is to catch all bases and is more or less a confirmatory test. I bet you tested at 6 months just like all other worried well. Stop preaching and let people make up there own minds. BTW, there are even some doctors that are recommending up to a year. The recommendations vary among a lot of medical experts. Just test at what your comfortbale with and stop let people decide themselves how long they wanna test out to.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1712

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3