Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ars question
      #31841 - 04/11/02 11:58 PM

hi..i have read through a lot of the posts on here and did not find an answer to my question so im hoping someone can help. my question is does the symptoms in ars come all at once or do they show up seperatly? Last march i had a sore throat for about a week which was 2 months after a low risk exposure. The sore throat went away but i became very tired for about a week and then a fever showed up which wuz as high as 104 one night. The fever lasted a few days at around 101 with some back pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: ars question new
      #31845 - 04/12/02 12:06 AM

ARS typically occurs between 2 - 4 weeks after an exposure. While it could occur as late as 2 months, it would be very unlikely. The symptoms of ARS come at one time, not piece by piece.

Out of all your symptoms, the only one that really would have been a concern is the fever you had, but you had that about 2.5 or more months after exposure. It's so far after the possible exposure it was probably due to something else. I sounds like you are just about at 3 months. Get your test.

gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
      #31847 - 04/12/02 12:10 AM

The two people that I know that actually had ARS symptoms that tested positive said that it was like a flu that knocked them on their ass. They were so sick that they had to be taken to the hospital. It came on all of a sudden but was like the Mother of all flu's.

Since a lot of people don't have any symptoms and since every symptom that you can have also has lot of other things that can cause them, the only way to know for sure is to get tested.

If you feel you have been exposed have a test done using the window period out lined by the CDC.

Not quite sure if that helps any but I hope it does.

Gregg

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31861 - 04/12/02 03:14 AM

Reuse the homophobic, anti-sex junk science and propaganda behind the AIDS Scam.

Bottom Line
Unregistered

#31885 - 04/12/02 10:29 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhh yah, Aids scam. That is the helpful answer we strive for on this site. I would comment further, but that post was so incoherent I am not even sure if I agree or disagree. Keep up the good work Bevis.

Bottom line

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1209

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3