Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
needhelp02
Fanatic

Reged: 03/05/02
I scheduled emergency session with counseler
      #31763 - 04/11/02 10:27 AM

I scheduled a 1:30 appointment with a counseler this afternoon. Right after I take the PCR test. I am reaching out for help. I just read on Webmd that someone's boyfriend had tested neg every year for 6 to 7 years and then got sick with pnuenomia and then tested NEG TWICE before they diagnosed him with AIDS. This scares me to death!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I scheduled emergency session with counseler new
      #31765 - 04/11/02 11:44 AM

The PCR test is useless and your doctor knows this and can't tell you because they will be sued by the big corporations. Forget your hiv poitive diagnsosis it means nothing.

needhelp02
Fanatic

Re: WHAT???? new
      #31769 - 04/11/02 12:32 PM

What the hell does that mean??? I haven't tested positive.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #31770 - 04/11/02 01:10 PM

Don't worry about the other poster. He/she is just another one of those dissenters. You know...the ones that think HIV doesn't exist in the first place so they never bother to test, and never bother to worry about who else they might be infecting because they don't bother to test.

As far as the post on Webmd. Just like on this board, people don't always communicate what they are saying clearly, people reading the posts don't always read it correctly, case in point on the Living with HIV board. Someone asked me if my symptoms I described in a post below it were from ARS. I had made it very clear the symptoms I was talking about were from stress, but somehow they missed that. And last but not least people lie. In some extemely rare case perhaps that could happen, but if you didn't see the case study on it on the CDC I wouldn't pay much attention to it. For someone to have that happen, you would see more than just a post on Webmd. That is so rare that it would be NEWS, not only on the boards, but on the evening news.

I am so glad you are seeking the help you need. Good Luck.
J.

gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
Re: I scheduled emergency session with counseler new
      #31771 - 04/11/02 01:15 PM

You need to do LESS reading and spending more time out smelling the flowers and living life.

Has it occured to you that in the story you read on WebMD, only a small portion of what really happened was told? I don't know if this was a story that was published in the Medical Journal or if it was just someone who randomly posted. DOES IT REALLY MATTER????

Tell you what. I'll post over in WebMD that I had been diagnosed HIV positive and have lived for 10 years that way and now I'm cured, that they have tested me once a week for the last year and I come back negative on every test, viral load, Antibody everything.

If you read that will you put as much faith in it as you do in these other Stories???

I hope your counselor can help you get past this, because your not only causing worry in yourself, but you cause worry in others which is WRONG!

Gregg

needhelp02
Fanatic

I'm off to the the wizard!! new
      #31773 - 04/11/02 01:51 PM

Please, everyone, I know you all hate me but I just wanted to let everyone know I have taken the first step to recovery. I know that you Gregg and Jackie are sick and tired of someone that is such a baby when you are facing this thing head on and enjoying life. There are moments I feel maybe I could beat this but then fear creeps right back in right away. I am going to go to the counseler with the car window open (it is beautiful here today) and just take deeps breaths and keep my mind open. I know the only thing that will make me feel better is if an MD diagnoses me with something else but I am trying. Thank you and I will keep everyone posted on how my day went tonight (whether you want to hear it or not)

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I'm off to the the wizard!! new
      #31778 - 04/11/02 03:15 PM

You remember that just because gregg & jackie are +, doesn't make resident experts, or part owners of this site. post whenever you need help.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31779 - 04/11/02 03:19 PM

Jackie, gregg you guys do a wonderful service to us worried well, don't listen to the neg things people say. press on!

needhelp02
Fanatic

Re: I'm back from the doc new
      #31780 - 04/11/02 04:09 PM

Well, I had my 1 hour session with the counseler and I feel a tad better just talking about it. He tended to go on about the inner child a little to much and had some psycho-babble but I enjoyed sharing with someone other than my wife. I see the physichatrist next Tuesday so I can get anti-depressant meds. I know this could take a while. Oh yeah, I still haven't gone to the lab for the PCR. I might try the courage for that tomorow.

Dorothy
Unregistered

#31784 - 04/11/02 04:36 PM

Yes why are the gregg & jackie team dominating this board with their quasi medical edvice and "caring" sentiments?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31785 - 04/11/02 04:38 PM

Jackie, gregg you people are starting to bore and anyoye me to tears. GET OFF!

Jade G.
Unregistered

#31795 - 04/11/02 05:36 PM

Who else would you rather hear from? More from needhelp02?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31798 - 04/11/02 06:12 PM

I don't have problem with TerryD even though i disagree with him. I still believe inf freedom of speech and its haelthy to hear apposing views.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31809 - 04/11/02 07:49 PM

Gregg and Jackie are facing nothing. They simple listen to their doctors and follow all orders. They a sheeple! They hav eallen asleep in the Poppy feilds dear.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: I'm back from the doc new
      #31816 - 04/11/02 08:02 PM

See the doc long enough, you might just decide you don't need the PCR :)

J.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4954

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3