Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Bottom line
Unregistered

HIV Testing
      #31758 - 04/11/02 09:01 AM

I am still reading a lot about HIV testing and home tests and PCR tests and DNA test this symptom, that symptom and so on and so on. Where are people getting all of these tests??? Where is all the missinformation people seem to come up with coming from?

If you think you are infected, don't, do not, IE stop putting yourself and others at risk by having any unprotected sex for three months and go get tested. Home access if fine but keep in mind your hard earned tax dollars have gone to fund HIV counseling centers all over the country. In order for these centers to get federal dollars they have to go through training and get bulletins daily on HIV testing facts from the CDC (IE they know of what they speak). They can help you get through this tough waiting period, but they are always going to say the same thing. "wait three months and test". 6 months if known exposure or if it is going to keep you from going over edge. If you can't live with that, they will probably tell you to go directly to counseling. Use this reasource as it is intended, but please let us not over-burden it! Every wasted test we take cost those who are indeed infected!

I applaud Jackie Blue in her efforts and infinite patience but even she must be getting tired. You can't diagnose HIV infection from its symptoms. You just can't! There are to many and then there are none. A 3 month test is adequate in almost all situations. If you are the miraculous late seroconverter go buy a lottery ticket because you are truly one in millons! If all of us here who try to preach sanity are wrong, then by all means come back and say I told you so, but I know this will never happen!

Bottom Line

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jade G.
Unregistered

Re: HIV Testing new
      #31761 - 04/11/02 09:40 AM

Great post, but some people will never believe the experts and CDC say- test once at 3 months (antibody test) and one more test if necessary at 6 months and let it go. You know who you are!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 845

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3