Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
AnonyWJ
Unregistered

Any Ideas about Pain
      #31665 - 04/10/02 01:11 AM

Hello again everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I have tested Negative after 3 months and will be going for a 6 month test. I still have a dry mouth and tongue feels funny, and sometimes a funny taste like metallic, but no sores of any kind anywhere. I am still going through Neuropathy like symptoms. I had a neuropathy test done with electric testing of the nerves and the needle testing and I am so far negative for Neuropathy. I have Burning pain in legs above the knees and below sometimes, tingling in toes, toes and fingers hurt sometimes, and random needle pain all over and right foot gets warm feeling while standing, comes and goes, pain under arms at the ribs and at the arm pits, still no swollen lymph nodes. I know that Neuropathy starts in the feet. When I first received this it started above the knees. Also my legs had a temparture rise. Started back in November. Tested for std's, hep. abc, hiv, diabetes, thyroid, and other blood tests for cancer. Vitamin tests are good also. Had an MRI of the brain. Will be taking a MRI for the Spine soon. The only thing found was an abnormal prostate, but it is benign. So far every test is coming back negative. Right now the Neurologist and my doctor has no idea yet. As a refresher I had at the beginning of October Protected vagina sex only. No break in condom as I can tell. After I took condom off had tingling in penis, then turn to pain, then had urinary problems, maybe prostate, but funny how it happen right after sex. Had 1 or 2 sweating experiences, no swollen lymph nodes and temp got no higher than 99.3, also chills at night even when my room is warm, left hearing getting stopped up. Please any ideas if you can as I am tired of having this pain everyday. Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to get my point across.

Thank you for whatever help you are able to give.

Walter

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Any Ideas about Pain new
      #31668 - 04/10/02 01:35 AM

Ask your doctor about a pain management program. It's designed to help people with chronic pain manage it, with a limited amount of pain medication to do so.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31671 - 04/10/02 01:40 AM

I think what i was feeling was neuropathy. mine had started in both soles of feet and toes. Burning tingling pins and needles. Although i have never been to a neurologist for this .you really had no risk so i dont understand your worry. if your suspecting hiv than you are being overly paranoid for nothing.

springer
Unregistered

#31675 - 04/10/02 04:56 AM

'I have Burning pain in legs above the knees and below sometimes, tingling in toes, toes and fingers hurt sometimes, and random needle pain all over and right foot gets warm feeling while standing, comes and goes, pain under arms at the ribs and at the arm pits, still no swollen lymph nodes'

I got all that as well. My legs are killing me, have to ware shorts all the time. I am 12 months neg. Was your exposure in Thailand by any chance? mine was. Docs still can't find anything wrong with me.

Keep in touch!

Springer

AnonyWJ
Unregistered

#31676 - 04/10/02 05:07 AM

Thank You Jackie. I will ask the doctor about Pain management. As for what country this happen, it was Korea. The person I was with was filipino. She has been tested also with negative results and she says she has never been sick.

Thanks all,
Walter

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1163

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3