Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
In stark terror
Unregistered

Test Results
      #30974 - 03/31/02 12:50 PM

On marh 23, 2001 I had a sexual encounter with a woman who is an active lesbian. Because I thought she could be promiscuios I asked her if she was clean. She said yes. She also said that she gets tested every 6 months just for piece of mind. I asked if she could show me documenttion that she was clean. She said that she would. A few days later she told me in anger that she did not have time in her life right now to do this for me. This got me so worried that I had to be hospitalized for anxiety and deppression. While at the hospital they took an hiv test at 9 1/2 weeks. It came back negetive. When I got out I noticed that my stool had turned almost white. This went on for 2 days. My urine even got dark, but only one time. I freaked out and went to the emergency room. The doctor did a liver screening. Everything was normal. A couple of days later, I reported these symptoms to my doctor. He said that it sounded like Hep B or C. He took blood and it came back non-reactive. I then went on to take my 3 month test. Negetive. I tried to put it all behind me however I started to get pains on my left side near the back. I know that where my spleen is. If I had Hep B or C all this time doesnt that mean that my 3 MOnth hiv test is inacurate. Someone please help me. Its over a year and I'm going to receive my hiv test and I fear that the result will be devistating. Someone please help. I should also note that I had a cut on my penis during this encounter, however I don't believe that I penetrated her fully.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Test Results new
      #30977 - 03/31/02 01:52 PM

You tested negative for Hep B & C. You don't have Hep, so how could it have messed up your 3 month test?

Richard
Unregistered

#30979 - 03/31/02 02:04 PM

If you were trying to find some more information here before placing your fearfull question - just yesterday it was the "case" of Hep C discussions and HIV.

You could read that - and find your answers there without having any fear. You will also find the link to listen some experts advise for your specific case.

Instead of posting question and waiting for repply.

Anyway - the link is here and you can read it:

http://thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q126872.html

IN stark terror
Unregistered

#30984 - 03/31/02 03:43 PM

Because is 9 1/2 weeks suuficient time to test for hep b and c?

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

#30985 - 03/31/02 03:46 PM

Your doctor seem to think so.

Richard
Unregistered

#30986 - 03/31/02 03:47 PM

Window period for Hep C and B is 6 months. Hep C is extremely hard and rare to be transmited sexualy but not impossible.

Most of people will show positive on Hep C by 3 months - really vast majority - but recomendation is 6 months.

If you need to get result faster - than you need to perform HCV RNA - which is PCR test for Hep C, that looks for trace of virus, in the same time you should do normal Antibodi test for Hep C as well.

It should be done around 3 months mark.

Xander

Reged: 10/01/01
      #31035 - 04/01/02 01:24 PM

I am hiv+, but if someone asked me if I were "clean", I would certainly say yes. I have never noticed that people with hiv bathe any less than those who are negative. And "hiv- equals clean" certainly implies "hiv+ equals dirty" which is offensive and prejudiced.

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

#31057 - 04/01/02 09:19 PM

You and Gregg are both on it today! I agree with you 100%. I too noticed that, but I guess I just let it slide because I get tired of repeating myself. You and Gregg taught me a valuable lesson today. If it's worth saying once, it's worth repeating over and over until people start to listen.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2298

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3