Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
AIDS support services
      #30937 - 03/30/02 11:07 PM

Well for those that have read my previous posts on what I am doing to suport funding for aids services, I would like to thank those of you that have helped. For those of you that haven't, I will re attach it to the bottom of this post.
A little about me, I have ben + since Nov. 1989, I have been posting on this websight for 5 years now and trying to help those newly infected with good advice and experiance. I have ben participating in Aids fundraising events on bicycles since 1994, which was the first California Aids Ride. I have ridden all over the U.S. even doing both the Fla. rides and the Tex. rides. I alone have raised over $1,000,000 for needed aids services across this wonderful land. The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center is closing down some of there services due to lack of funds and poor turn out for the first anual AIDS/LifeCycle ride. I alone (not including the other 300 riders who are having trouble geting donations) have vowed to do my best to try to raise $10,000 to help the Center get back on there feet. The L.A. Gay & Lesbian center Jeffery Goodman Special Care clinic is second largest Aids clinic in the U.S., There pharmacy alone spends over $1,000,000 on HIV medication a month. This ride I am doing supports the Goodman clinic, along with the Pedro Zamora youth HIV clinic, Anonymus HIV-Testing, and The Aids Clearinghouse plus many other HIV & AIDS services. Most of these services are provided free of charge to people with HIV & AIDS.
With all of this being threatened by low turn out and decreased amount of moneys being raised by other avenues I am making another plea to those on this sight and a challenge to those of you who know people who can allso help out. I am attaching a self filling pledge form secure webpage link at the end of this message, with the webpage for the ride. This pledge form can be printed out for mailing in donations, or you can do it right there and submit it immediatly. I have alone donated $2,500, and I am not exactly a rich person (Chevy truck here- not a Lexas) and I work my A** off for what I have. I ask all that can for at least $250 and that can be spread out over 10 months if you look at the form. For most what is $25 a month, 6 Vente Lattes, 4 martinis, dinner for 2 at Dennys? But as close as you can come will help !

Well as i promised here is the link for the webpage about the ride.
http://www.aidslifecycle.org
And here is the Pledge form .
https://www.aidslifecycle.org/sponsor/laglc.cfm?f=Bill&l=Grafeman&n=1003
Because this sight dosen't allow links to be clickable, you can copy and paste them in your address bar.

Thank you in advance.
The Gman
ALC rider # 1003

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 654

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3