Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

EHIV, SLOW!!!HELP
      #30617 - 03/25/02 06:43 PM

I know that no one can help me at this point but on Thurs. I went in and had my blood drawn for HIV testing. Well it is Mon at 630pm eastern time and I keep getting a call us back from the women in the office at EHIVTEST.com and if I am not mistaken this has also happened to someone else that post here. If I call them and said that I wanted to take a hiv test and they tell me that it will take 2-3 days and to call Mon for results then that is what I should get. I have called 4 times and each time they said call back in 2 hours, talk about building anxiety. I would think that they know how hard it is for some to take this test and how important it is to keep a deadline when dealing with something like this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Richard
Unregistered

Re: EHIV, SLOW!!!HELP new
      #30629 - 03/25/02 11:11 PM

I know it is hard - beleive me - probably more than anybody because in four months time frame I ran at least 12-15 different tests related to HIV and Hep C.

Now, due to all your anxiaty - labs are busy, they get lot of samples of blood to process, they are hoping to finish ASAP but sometimes they might have some problems they do not plan for.

My GP just told me that he had patinet while I was doing all those test that his Elisa turned positive, than they ran Western Blott turned Negative, than they went into running it again, Elisa several times as it turned out to be False positive.

Patient did not know about that, but they had to run things like that to make sure that they get to accurate result and not to inform the patient wrongly.

Now, as far as you are concern - you don;t know how many tests priror yours had some kind of problems that needed to be repeated and that delays the time.

I had delays and found no reason to worry after I got used to. But my delays were only in the matter of almost minutes (hour or so).

We are lucky in Australia as we get Elisa test done and informed about result in 24 hours. But you also have to understand that there are only 17 or so million people in Australia. Big difference when you compare to US.

Just be patient, and if you are concern keep making phone calls as much as you want. Also here labs work 24 hours per day, so you can always find someone to give you result as here you can ring the lab direct.

Just keep trying. Best of luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#30641 - 03/26/02 07:11 AM

Thanks Richard.

I have to hold on to my sanity, what else can I do. I called them again last night around 830 est. and they said that my sample was lost and sent to a lab they can not locate, if they could not find it by tonight that they would return my money and give me the results when they came in or a new test. I just wanted my results when they said, it was hard to stay busy and keep my mind off of the results over the weekend, now this. Oh well, no news is good news right ?!

JamieLEE
Unregistered

#30647 - 03/26/02 09:06 AM

That was me that it happened to and it was my PCR test that took so long. I got my HIV test back in about 24 hours. Call them and tell them to call the lab where you had it done. They should get the results with in the hour. You might have to get nasty with them!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1016

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3