Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Alice
Unregistered

still waiting and recovering from cold
      #30526 - 03/24/02 08:45 PM

Well Friday when I was going to call I got all wrapped up at work and everyone started coming by my office so by the time i was finished it was 6pm, too late. I got really sick this Friday, don't know why, guess the cold weather. I'm still trying to get better but I've had a sore throat and severely tired (I slept like 13 hours today and was still tired!)
I'm still waiting to hear back from my doc so everything that happens(like me catching a cold so easily) convinces me that everything is related.
I don't have issues of guilt that keep me here. I'm worried that my bf may have had it before I started sleeping with him and I just was lucky when I tested negative in 2000. My fears stem from me getting sick so easily this past year and other stuff.
I don't have windows issues either as I just want to hear something/anything. I don't know why I'm so scared but I keep thinking that I have to prepare myself for a HIV+ response. I keep thinking I will not have the strength to call my doc tomorrow. Why is this so hard!!! Why am I sick again!
still waiting.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: still waiting and recovering from cold new
      #30528 - 03/24/02 10:02 PM

I quit smoking 4 months ago but Wednesday and Thursday I had a bit of anxiety and had like 4 cigarettes on both days. I know that smoking and drinking brings down ones immune system when they are hiv+. I've never had this effect after smoking, then again I haven't smoked in a while. Why do they tell those who are HIV+ that they should quit and not drink as much? What opportunistic infections are they speaking about? I'm sorry that I'm sorta freaking out but I was doing okay these past two weeks(waiting for my results) and then I got sick for no apparent reason, only that I smoked and may have been in cold weather.uuugghhh my throat is killing me and I feel yucky. I'm really scared and feel my heart racing. Am I going to have a night without sleep?

Biggs
Unregistered

Re: still waiting and recovering from cold new
      #30531 - 03/24/02 11:10 PM

Colds have nothing to do with HIV. People that are HIV+ don't get colds more often and do not have a harder time getting over a cold than a person that is HIV-. Cold germs (viruses) are controlled by a different part of the immune system, a part that is not impacted by HIV. But stress can make you more susceptible to those infections. You can find some info on it in posts on thebody's Expert Forums.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1158

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3