Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Richard
Unregistered

HCV RNA
      #30514 - 03/24/02 05:17 PM

Well my PCR test for Hep C - came back negative as well as antibody Hep C test at 4 months.

So, here it goes down the drain another of my expert theory that I am cooinfected with HIV and Hep C. Due to symptoms of both viruses.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Richard
Unregistered

Re: HCV RNA - Test Result new
      #30515 - 03/24/02 05:18 PM

Well my PCR test for Hep C - came back negative as well as antibody Hep C test at 4 months.

So, here it goes down the drain another of my expert theory that I am cooinfected with HIV and Hep C. Due to symptoms of both viruses.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #30519 - 03/24/02 06:25 PM

Look on the bright side Richard. One of these days you will run out of theories. Then you can relax, enjoy the fact you are negative and go out for one hell of a night on the town!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#30520 - 03/24/02 06:28 PM

Richard,
Where are you from? I'm glad to hear that your test came back negative thats really good news!!!! Hey a question for you since your familiar with dna testing. How much "stock" could one put into a proviral dna by pcr at 30 days it was not-dtected but have had every symptom in the book, also negative antibody at 30 days also. These symptoms are truely not fabricated for something is wrong in my body and everything points to hiv but i was instructed that the dna would be conclusive at 28 days. Has there every been someone test positive after a negative dna at 28 days. Took the Dna not Rna but from my understanding the hiv virus infects leaving dna then produces rna am i correct? Info please Richard you seem to know a little about this proceedure

Richard
Unregistered

HIV DNA new
      #30522 - 03/24/02 06:49 PM

Please read some of the info I have posted regarding PCR tests.

Than ask yourself the following question - how many cases Dor Holodniy(The Body - a brilliant lab guy that's what you want) and Dr Joel Gallant (Brilliant clinician at Hopkins)have seen or heard in relation to HIV status.

Well both of them stated something like this:

"I have never ever seen or heard of the case that someone has tested negative on PCR or Antobody (unless if it is in first few days) to turn positive later on."

If those experts don't give you a piece of mind - I will not be able either.

If you do search on this issues you will find them (in couple of hours) under questions by category "testing"

But please take my word for it as I have read that statement probably 200+ times.

Richard
Unregistered

Re: HIV DNA Erorr statement new
      #30546 - 03/25/02 06:20 AM

I just made small error in statment regarding Holodny and J. Gallant.

INSTEAD OF:

"I have never ever seen or heard of the case that someone has tested negative on PCR or Antobody (unless if it is in first few days) to turn positive later on."

Should be:

"I have never ever seen or heard of the case that someone has tested negative ON PCR AND ANTIBODY (unless if it is in first few days) to turn positive later on."

And I forgot to answer your question - I am from Australia.

JamesJ
Unregistered

Re: HIV DNA Erorr statement new
      #30550 - 03/25/02 07:20 AM

Thanks for the clarification Richard, I tested negative at 30 days for both! Wonder if thats considered outside the few day marker?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1768

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3