Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mode of transmission?
      #30511 - 03/24/02 04:59 PM

I was just wondering if there are any ways of getting HIV, realistically speaking, other than unprotected sex and drug use, for most of us. I have read in a few places that there are cases of HIV each year where the mode of transmission is unknown. Does this mean that it is possible for other modes of transmission?
I tested negative via Home Access 6 months after potential exposure. My only other risk is receiving oral sex just before Thanksgiving. But now reading about unknown modes of transmission has got me a tad bit anxious.
Am I worrying for nothing or do I have a reason to worry? I would appreciate your advice or opinions.

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
worried2002
Regular

Reged: 03/21/02
Loc: Italy
Re: Mode of transmission? new
      #30513 - 03/24/02 05:09 PM

I really think you are worrying for nothing, you got sucked before thanksgiving (which is always a good thing). You tested negative at 6 months (which is even better). You are HIV-.
Next time get sucked using a condom, this will prevent you from worrying and HIV. Best regards

-------------
Worried2002

--------------------

-------------
Worried2002

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #30521 - 03/24/02 06:34 PM

I believe when they say that a mode of transmission is unknown that is because the person who is infected is not sure how they got it. That doesn't mean they fell out of the 3 categories for transmission, they just don't know for sure which one. It is not unheard of for people to not know when or exactly how they became infected.

There are no documented cases of transmission from someone getting a blow job. The risk is considered theoritical. Which in real world terms means, in text books it could happen, but in the real world it has never happened.

You tested negative at 6 months. Go on enjoy life and don't worry. You are negative.

Home_Access
Unregistered

#30574 - 03/25/02 12:24 PM

Hi I am a counselor with Home Access Health and was happy to read that your six-month test came out negative. We recommend that you take another test six months after your exposure to risk around Thanksgiving. Of course, if you want to test before then for peace of mind you can do so, but you still need a final test six months after exposure to insure that you have tested at the end of the window period.

I wanted to respond to your question concerning transmission of HIV other than unprotected sex and drug use. HIV can also be transmitted via breast-feeding. Last of all, HIV is preventable. Safe activities are any you can think of that do not involve coming into contact with semen, pre-seminal, fluid, blood , vaginal fluid, or breast milk.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Just remember that Home Access’s test system includes not only testing, but also pre and post-test counseling to help you through the entire test process. Please call us at 1-800-HIV-TEST if you need to talk or have further questions concerning the testing process.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2999

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3