Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

How to recognize thrush?
      #30456 - 03/23/02 01:29 PM

Are "creamy plaques" of thrush easily recognized-do they stand out from the remaining surface of the tongue as white areas or does the whole tongue look white? I read that coated tongue occurs only on the top while thrush is likely to be in other areas of the mouth as well as on the tongue.
Can anybody clarify this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: How to recognize thrush? new
      #30458 - 03/23/02 02:18 PM

Whether you have thrush or not can not be determine over the internet. The best way to determine if you have thrush or not is to see your doctor.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#30471 - 03/23/02 10:25 PM

You seem like you have an awful lot of opinions about everything else so why can't you answer this question? Why are you all over this board-what qualifies you as the ultimate expert-do you realize how many people are reading your posts and think you are an expert in some way? Is this an ego trip for you? I have read all of your posts and your attitude seems to go from compassionate to superior depending on the situation-what are your qualifications to respond to scared, desperate people who are looking for answers? I'm very interested to see if you answer this, Jackie Blue.

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

#30478 - 03/24/02 08:33 AM

The reason I can't answer this question is because I a) can't see the tounge. b) as I've said before I'm not a doctor, but I do see the experts telling people to have a doctor confirm thrush.

Since you have read ALL my posts you must have noticed I tend to post links directly to what the experts say. So my answers are not off the wall. They are backed up by the experts. That's a lot more than some people here do.

People will dispute what the experts say, because it's not the answer they want to hear, but I don't see them backing it up with links from reliable sources. Misinformation can be dangerous. I just try to make sure people have the facts.

Also since you have read all my posts, you already have read why I do this, I posted the reason. Not an ego trip. I have personal reasons. Why ask me something that is already out there for you to read.

Your right I can be compassionate or not depending on the situation. I tend to lose patience with people that continually post that their negative results must be wrong. I also lose patience with people that read my posts, and then ask me the same questions or similar questions again.

But back to you: Let me guess, You must be one of the worried well that haunt this board. I must have read you the riot act because you don't believe your negative results. I tend to get jumped on by people who don't care for my answers.

I'm sure if I agreed with all you worried well and told you it's possible to test negative, then positive 5 years down the line, and that all your symptoms are conclusivly signs of HIV, you all would be much happier with me.

I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to try and educate people. As far as my qualifications. I have already said I'm not an expert. At least in the medical sense.

I am an expert as someone who lives with this disease and as a loved one of someone with this disease. Because of this not only do I do a whole lot of research about this disease, I get a lot of first hand information from my ID doctor.

What exactly are your qualifications to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about? Are you an expert? Are you an ID doctor? Do you have HIV? Do you have a loved one with HIV? Do you even have a clear understanding of how this disease works?

I will continue to give 'scared, desperate people' the answers in the best fashion I can. Remember I'm not scared or desperate. Because I'm not going through what the people on this board are going through it's easier for me to seperate fact from fiction.

There now, I've answered your post. Why you thought you needed to challange me to answer is beyond me.

Since you don't like my answers, don't read them. If you would bother to give yourself a name, and let me know what it is I will be happy not to respond to your posts and you can continue to believe what you want to, not necessarily what is logical or factual.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: How to recognize thrush? For Jackie new
      #30553 - 03/25/02 07:47 AM

I do have a doc appointment re: thrush. Saw this post yesterday and am wondering if you ever had it? Do you think it would be fairly obvious to notice if you do have it or can it be that subtle that you can't be sure? Doctor will confirm but I have to wait for my appointment and wonder if you have any experience with it. Thanks Jackie!

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

#30568 - 03/25/02 11:04 AM

I've never had thrush. From what I have read about it, it doesn't seem that it's something that can easily be detected. Apparantly Coated Tounge is very similar to Thrush.

I guess it's like Ginivitis and Red Band Ginivitis. They are so similar that ONLY a dentist can tell the difference.

I do know for sure that Thrush can be caused by other factors other than HIV. Antibiotic use was causing Thrush long before HIV was around.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#30583 - 03/25/02 01:51 PM

Ive heard MANY people develop thrush and take the HIV test and are NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! These people werent on steriods OR antibiotics......even AFTER the 6 month window period. So there must be other reasons for thrush!!! Unless they had a False Negative.........but everyone says after the 6month window period that just doesnt happen.

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

#30616 - 03/25/02 06:20 PM

You're absolutly right. There are many other reasons for Thrush that have nothing to do with HIV. Thinking all those people have had False Positives is a stretch of the imagination.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Jackie new
      #30675 - 03/26/02 06:40 PM

Don't you mean False Negatives???? My last post was about people getting false Neg. not False Pos. After 6month window FALSE NEGATIVES would be Rare. Thanks.....I read your reply and the False Positive thru me.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3125

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3