Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Alice
Unregistered

Tomorrow I get results and I'm nervous
      #30320 - 03/21/02 06:00 PM

Hi, I just found this board and thought maybe talking to someone might make me feel better. I took an HIV test on 3/8/02. Tomorrow will have been two weeks and I guess I'm nervous about hearing from my doctor. My first and last HIV test was over a year ago and this will be my first test since I've been seeing my new boyfriend. We've been having mostly unprotected sex and I wasn't nervous at all until my friend told me a story. To be honest I never even thought about hiv or aids and didn't question him until recently. His digression from the subject made me very nervous. My yearly check up was coming up and so I decided to ask for a test as well. I have been okay the past few days but last night I woke up at 2:30 from a nightmare.

My dream was that my doctor called me and asked me to come in. While I was there she kept me waiting and through the crack of the door I could hear her talking to another doctor asking their advice that they didn't know what to say. Basically I woke up frightened and couldn't get back to sleep because in the dream even though they didn't tell me, I knew I was HIV+.
I'm really scared. I haven't had any symptoms but from reading this board, it seems like the more symptoms you have, the least likely you are to be positive. We've had unprotected sex at least 30-40 times so my situation is a different from I see here where people worry about one encounter.
Should I call my doctor since I haven't heard? She told me she'd call me but the longer I wait, the more nervous I seem to get. Someone please help me from pulling my hair out!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FC-NEG
Unregistered

Re: Tomorrow I get results and I'm nervous new
      #30325 - 03/21/02 07:54 PM

Alice -

Hang in there. We are all going through or have been through what you have. Know that we are here for you..This board has been an incredible source of comfort for me...I do not know where I would be without it....
Your results will be fine. It is easier to say than to do but you have to trust and believe your results.
I just took my 6 week test......Sat, I take an 8 week test then the next is the biggie at 90 days..........Hang in there. We are here with you.
FC

Anonymous
Unregistered

#30327 - 03/21/02 08:47 PM

Hey Alice, I wouldent worry to much about it. Maybe your Boyfriend just like you never really though about HIV/Aids untill you brought it up. Actually not having symptoms is always a better sign than having them. If you come back negative(which will most likely be the case) I would approach your boyfriend and ask him to be tested. Anyways Alice i can relate to your dreams. Ive had so many HIV nightmares it's not even funny. Anyways Good Luck on your test.

alice
Unregistered

#30329 - 03/21/02 08:58 PM

thanks for your notes of encouragement. Should I call if i don't hear by tomorrow? I mean how long does it take? I'm waiting on pins and needles.

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
      #30332 - 03/21/02 09:32 PM

Call tomorrow if you don't hear.

Please try to remember this while you wait. My results came in a few days before I expected them and I already had an appt schedule for the next week. My doctor was on the phone to me that afternoon wanting me to come in immediately. If your results had already come back and they were positive your doctors office would have called.

Either they haven't come back yet or you are negative and so getting to your tests results while a high priority for you, wouldn't be for them.

Good Luck

2 weeks is within the range I've seen for test results to come back.

alice
Unregistered

#30335 - 03/21/02 10:04 PM

Was the tesy with a gp or gyn? I'm sorry for asking but were your results supposed to be back in two weeks? I'm nervous to call, especially if they tell me to come in. I didn't test anonymous and I'm curious as to what the reprecussions could be. I guess what I'm asking is why do people test anonymously in the first place?

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
      #30341 - 03/21/02 10:36 PM

There are lots of reasons people test anonomously. Mostly for privacy. Personally I just felt it was easier to go through my then primary care physician. I figured better to go where I would have to get a referral to see an ID doctor.

I imagine they will have you come in either way. Most doctor's offices don't give out those type of results over the phone.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2735

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3