Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Regarding three months too long ..Jackie, anyone
      #30225 - 03/20/02 01:27 PM

Can someone please comment on the reply that was posted on 3/19 and 9:21 pm... Is this so?

It says that if ARS started 4 weeks later it can last for 4 months, so then the window period is extented. Or would one test positive still after 3 months, if in fact they are positive?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Regarding three months too long ..Jackie, anyone new
      #30262 - 03/20/02 06:31 PM

One of the things you need when you surf the net is to use some common sense. Look at the post. It starts....

"If you started getting symptoms at 3 months then its not ARS. However, ARS can last for months. if symptoms started at week four its quite possible they could last untill month four."

Sounds logical, sounds somewhat factual. But then.....

"Although some people say this is not so,"

Who are the people that say that's not so? Well the experts for starters. And then what source backed this up?

" have read many posts from HIV positive people who say thier ARS lasted months...." Maybe the posts he read weren't true, maybe he read one or two posts and calls that many. From people I have talked to I don't know anyone that had ARS symptoms for months. A couple of people don't remember any ARS symptoms at all, some remember feeling just horrible for a few days to a week. I don't recall seeing any posts from HIV+ people saying they took months here or on other boards, but I'm sure there may be a few around.

See you need to really look at the posts. Question the validity of them against what the experts, and studies say. Even with my posts you need to use commonsense. The sampling of people I gave you was certainly not enough to draw any conclusions. That's why it's better to look at what people who really know their stuff say. And they say... ARS symptoms are typically seen 2-4 weeks after exposure. The AVERAGE time is 7 - 10 days, but could last up to a month (I said a month, not months) or be as short as a day or two. Symptoms would not be lasting until month 3 much less month 4. Symptoms can be so mild people don't even notice, to you are so sick you feel the need to see a doctor.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#30276 - 03/20/02 08:20 PM

I am the one who wrote that post and im sorry for typing "MAny" people. I read 2 to 4 people who said there ARS last a couple of months. Sorry, i didnt mean to scare anyone. BTW, these people said they tested positive within the 3 month window period but cont symptoms up to month 3. So even if your symptoms might last for up to a month you will still test positive by 3 months.

worried2002
Unregistered

Re: Regarding three months too long ..Jackie, anyo new
      #30289 - 03/21/02 05:51 AM

well, it is obvious that a certain overlapping could occur

Anonymous
Unregistered

#30290 - 03/21/02 07:21 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Anonymous, and thanks to Jackie and the others who answered that.

I was confused and admit a little freaked but breathing once again.

Thanks

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2156

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3