Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Antibodies with out without symptoms? Jackie?
      #30213 - 03/20/02 11:49 AM

If you think you are a late converter say you got your test back and are doubting your results.
So your results show negative no antibodies. Hypothetically if this person is by some rare anomaly positive.

Is it more likely that this person would have many symptoms and be sick because thier body has not yet produced antibodies to fight the virus

Or

Would this person not have any symptoms because in fact thier body did not yet respond to the virus

Is there any correlation between having antibodies and having symptoms

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bottom Line
Unregistered

Re: Antibodies new
      #30215 - 03/20/02 12:13 PM

Hey, if tested neg after the window period, you don't have HIV. The number of people who have tested Poz after neg post window period is so small that it wouldn't even show on most calculators.

Antibody production is in response to an antigen - foreign invader to your system. The ARS symptoms they talk about are the bodies response to invador and or other minor infections that happen to sneak in while body is fighting HIV. That is why there are so many and are varried.

The disease itself affects the immune systems ability to fight off diseases that it would normally destroy without batting an eyelash. So after ARS, the two are somewhat seperate from each other.

If didn't certain exposure to HIV and took test after 3 months from last possible exposure, you are fine.

Go have a beer, watch my Duke team go all the way and enjoy life.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1164

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3