Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another surprise tested positive after 3 months
      #29930 - 03/15/02 02:31 PM

Please read the following:

http://thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Starting/Current/Q129432.html

and comment.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jade G
Unregistered

Re: Another surprise tested positive after 3 months new
      #29932 - 03/15/02 02:54 PM

This person said that they tested every 3 weeks since week 6 and became positive at week 15. My guess is that their 12 week result was indeterminate and that is why they tested again at 15 weeks. Why would they have tested at 15 weeks if that was not the case? And, this person obviously had a DEFINATE exposure and the reccommendation for testing with that situation is up to 6 months past exposure. I can't see how they could be negative week 12 and positive week 15. Like the experts say, a 12 week (90 days)test will almost always be AT LEAST indeterminate if the person has contracted the virus. Everyone, please, don't let this anomily cause you to freak out and get on Home Access auto-delivery plan! If you tested negative at 3 months and you have not had a DEFINATE exposure, please accept those results and move on- and yes, even if you used a 1st generation test like Home Access. Like a previous poster said, Home Access works!

Anonymous
Unregistered

stop Doing this to yourself and others!!!! new
      #29937 - 03/15/02 03:41 PM

Are you positive? If not why are you reading the "starting treatment" forum? Stop doing this do yourself and all the other worried well.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29939 - 03/15/02 04:05 PM

What is DEFINATE exposure?

Is the sex with uknown status of the partner Definate exposure or the fact we don't know means we have not been Definate exposed.

Please explaine.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: stop Doing this to yourself and others!!!! new
      #29941 - 03/15/02 04:07 PM

I am just looking to find different answers. I tested negative after 3 months, but somehow don't beileve the test like lot of others. And seing more and more people coming out from testing positive after 3 months is still freaking me out.

Jade G
Unregistered

#29944 - 03/15/02 04:34 PM

No, not "maybe". DEFINATE, as in the person definately has HIV and you know it. If you are worried, test at 6 months, or test every 3 weeks like the person whose question you posted. This is unnecessary, of course, but do what you must.

Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're looking you will always find something new
      #29960 - 03/15/02 10:11 PM

If you keep looking to find people who tested positive, I'm sure you will. If you obsess for years I'm sure you will come across somebody. Be happy with your results and go and live or you're going to turn into this pathetic person that no one will want to be around. Do you want a happy life? do you really want to be happy? Then believe your results! All the experts say the same thing. Be happy you are negative and be safe in the future!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: stop Doing this to yourself and others!!!! new
      #29973 - 03/16/02 11:16 AM

why the hell do u post messages like this?!!! Please if you think u r infected please go somewhere else where they will treat u.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3847

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3