Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

TO KALKIN, HELP
      #29886 - 03/14/02 08:19 PM

Paul, im going insane. The last two weeks Ive had numerious muscle twitching all throughout body. I MEAN EVERYWHERE. Also some red pimple like things on hands and legs. Now i dont have medical ins and will get it in two weeks but, do you know what could be causing these twitches? Did your doctors tell you what could cause this? I have been under a lot of stress but would this cause twitching all over body? Please help me. Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
KALKIN!
Unregistered

Re: TO KALKIN, HELP new
      #29904 - 03/15/02 08:24 AM

First of all, this is not a symptom of HIV, or anything associated with it. I have tested negative at 4 months, which is definitive.

Good news: this condition is not dangerous.

Bad news: in many cases the doctors will not tell you the reason and diagnose u with "benign fascicullations", "essential tremor", etc. In 30% of cases this kind of thing happens after a viral illness. It may be due to lack of nutrients (especially calcium and magnesium) and B-vitamins. May be neurogenic. See a neurologist - they will run a series of test. Brain scan may help too. No one knows when it will resolve, but often this happens spontaneously.

As to me, I have problems with blood vessels (vegetovascular dystony) and astheny. Lack of blood supply may cause this kind of thing too.

The main thing, don't worry and get used to it while u r having it. It is not dangerous, unless it is accompanied with rapid loss of muscle tissue (ALS - which is dangerous, but very rare) or is focal (localized, this might be due to multiple sclerosis).

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29917 - 03/15/02 10:09 AM

But if this can follow a viral infection why couldet it be associated with HIV?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29920 - 03/15/02 10:39 AM

:)))))

That's the question I asked myself. First of all there are thousands of viral infections, and HIV is rare, and very hard to get (1 out of 1000 if you have unprotected vaginal intercourse with HIV+ woman; 999 out of 1000 men wouldn't get it after having unprotected vaginal sex with her!). Whereas common cold symptoms are caused by nearly 50 different viruses which are much easier to get.

Secondly this kind of reaction usually happens when the virus is eradicated, i.e. after the viral illness, usually a respiratory one. HIV does not fit in.

Thirdly in 70% of the cases these symptoms are not associated with viral infections at all... The simple answer is this is very unlikely to be anything HIV-related. None of the HIV+ people that I have talked with have had anything of the kind... It's just stupid to associate it with HIV because I wrote about it. First of all, I don't have HIV. Mine was caused by poor nutrition and stress, which has caused damage to my blood vessels and caused a general lack of balance in my body - my lifestyle and stupidity are the cause.

KALKIN!
Unregistered

#29921 - 03/15/02 10:40 AM

Sorry, the last post is by KALKIN!

The Bottom line
Unregistered

#29947 - 03/15/02 05:11 PM

The muscle twitches can come from a lot of things. They can be associated with a viral infection but most likely after it has cleared. Not a bad idea to have checked if do pursist, but from all I have read, Peripheral Neuropathy and or muscle twitches in HIV would come years after having the disease.

If have exposure via one of the 3 modes of trans, stop risky behavior, wait three months and get tested. then move on.

And if lucky enough to have hand shakes let me know. I will bring over the Vodka. I like my Martinis shaken, not stirred.

And that is the bottom line.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1696

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3