Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which test to take?
      #29738 - 03/12/02 11:20 AM

Hello. I've had several hiv antibody test done with negative results way past the six month period with no further exposures. I've been have stomach problems like gas, and burping for almost a year. I'm due to have an endoscopy soon. Should I take a hiv(pcr) test? I've read that the elisa test is more accurate for diagnosis, but I've had strange mouth problems also white tongue, dry mouth, unable to gain weight that was lost. And I read a post on the opp. infections board about some people who consistently test negative for antibodies but are positive. My last cbc count was normal for everything although I've read you can't tell from that whether or not your infected. I want to rule out hiv period but I seem other wise healthy, I'm able to function normal. Could it be aids but in the early stages? I would think something should show up on the elisa test. Please answer and thank you for your responses. GOD BLess and be careful all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Which test to take? new
      #29776 - 03/13/02 12:32 AM

ALthough it is extremely unlikely not to turn positive on Elisa. A DNA&ELISA combo would be as good as you will ever get. unless you have some wierd subtype but that would be very rare.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 806

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3