Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

enlarged spleen
      #29663 - 03/11/02 04:01 AM

How common is it to have an enlarged spleen approximately 6 weeks after possible exposure. My exposure was protected sex/giving unprotected oral sex with upper class prostitute about 9 weeks ago. My symptoms were the following starting six days after exposure and lasting about a day and a half: muscle aches, naussea, diarhea and general feeling of illness. I don't recall having a fever. After about 5 weeks my groin nodes started to ache as well as the nodes in my left armpit. Pain lasted about 2 weeks. I also have slight pain in my upper abdomen which comes and goes since the 5 week mark and I have read that painfull/enlarged spleen can be an indication of HIV infection. I also have general itchiness the past week (also indication of infection). I am too affraid to get a test. Any comments please

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: enlarged spleen new
      #29664 - 03/11/02 04:31 AM

There is no way known that you can know about having an enlarged spleen. I bet if you go to any doctor to be "touched" you will find that your spleen is fine, and the rest of symptoms as well. Just go to a doctor for your piece of mind.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1636

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3