Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

sigh......
      #29473 - 03/07/02 01:15 AM

I am going to sleep with all these symptoms that are ARS related. Am I infected? I dont know...I am just sick of these symptoms.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gregg629
Regular

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
Re: sigh...... new
      #29526 - 03/07/02 04:27 PM

I can totally relate to your being sick of symptoms, however there are NO symptoms that are exclusively ARS related. Every ARS symptom also have other things that it can be a sign of. Additionally a lot of people that become infected don't have any ARS symptoms at all.

Have you been to a doctor? Have you had any tests done? Have you had a high risk exposure with someone that you know is HIV+?

There's only one way that you can ever get the answer to your question of Am I infected. This board can provide you with great support, but tests are all that can really tell you.

I hope you slept well!!!

Gregg

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: sigh......Thanks Greg new
      #29543 - 03/07/02 07:34 PM

Thanks..yeah i have been to the doc..she said that i shouldnt get worried...since I used a condom..but my fear is that I might have put some of the prost vag secretion on my penis after havin removed te condom......well 2 more months to go :)

gregg629
Regular

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
      #29547 - 03/07/02 09:59 PM

Well are you listening to the doc? It sounds like your still worying. You used a condom, you have no idea of the girl was poz or neg. Also in regard to your thought that something might have been on the condom and you touched your penis with it.

Check out http://www.sfaf.org/aids101/transmission.html

In case you would rather not go there, here's a small quote:

"It is not enough to be in contact with an infected fluid to become infected. Healthy, unbroken skin does not allow HIV to get into the body; it is an excellent barrier to HIV infection. HIV can only enter through an open cut or sore, or through contact with the mucous membranes in the anus and rectum, the genitals, the mouth, and the eyes."

So it's not enough to just have secretion on your hand and touch your penis with it. What you did was so minor and so non risk. There's nothing wrong with going back in and having a final test done to set your mind at ease, but PLEASE just don't focus on it between now and then. Don't plan for the worse and don't let yourself loose sleap over it

Gregg

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29561 - 03/08/02 10:05 AM

well, see greg , thats where my nervousness sets in, the fluid did come into contact with the head of my penis. Anyways, thanx for the info

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1378

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3