Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
FC-NEG
Unregistered

ARS Symptoms
      #29435 - 03/06/02 11:25 AM

Ok, so it has now been a month since my symptoms began.......They started off slow Here goes.....I need some help with this as I am now freaking out.
On day 10 after exposure I started to feel like a node in my neck was hurting. Not major just when I turned my head a certain way. Then one night at dinner,(a couple of days later) I felt a pain shoot into the area above my penis on the left side. It was in the "hair region". Shortly after that I noticed what I thought was a rash around my waist. IT went away after about a week but the pain in my nodes stuck with me. Some days it was on one side of the body or area and other days it was different areas. During this time I had NO fever at all. I did feel a bit tired and run down though.
The pain in my nodes moved around. Some mornings I would wake up and it would not be there but by the end of the day it was back. Sometimes around my ear as well. I did have some headaches.
Then about 31 days after exposure I had pain in my joints, pain in my nodes and a major break down as I thought I would lose it! Still no fever.......
After that, the pain in my muscles and pain in my joints continued...It is now getting lesser each day and the pain in my nodes is pretty much gone. When I wake up in the morning, the muscles in my calves feel VERY tight. I pretty much have to stretch them out. I had pain in my shoulders. It felt like I got a flu shot.....I am at my 30 day mark since symptoms began now. I have developed a cough as well as a sore throat. I also have nasal congestion with a runny nose. STILL NO FEVER! I wake up in the night and my hand has sometimes gone numb. I shake it off.....It is better within minutes.
I tested Neg at a 28 day (1 month) mark but that was 1 day before my major pain and breakdown. I have 3 days to go until my six week test. I am using Home Access.
I saw a Dr. He took a CBC and said things looked fine. My white blood count was up a bit and did not think I had anemia. He also said that I had not swollen lymphs.....Would they have still be swollen 5 days after my major "attack"?
Someone tell me what you think about the symptoms. I want to hear from you. If my symptoms were still full blown and I was having pain, I would be less worried than I am now as they have all gone..........
I really value everyones opinions...Please let me know yours. My exposure was extremely low risk.....I was at a bath and was given head by two guys and rimmed by another. I did not see any blood on the sheets when we were done. I did not notice any on my body either but went right to the shower after we were done.
Help me please. I am going out of my mind AGAIN!
How big a part does fever play into this whole thing?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Unlucky
Unregistered

Re: ARS Symptoms new
      #29439 - 03/06/02 12:39 PM

Hey FC-NEG
Thanks for geting back to me the other day. I appreciate your concearn. I know that I was too extremely low risk but I have all these symptoms. I read your new post and I had my right hand going completly dead too while I was sleeping. It was like it was a piece of rubber not a part of my body. I would shake it and rub it and it would go away. This happened about 6-7 times and then for about a week my hands and fingers were numb all the time. During this week I also had night sweats, light around the collar. Im concearned because these symptoms only lasted a week. If it was stress why arn't I getting them now Im still under stress. Maybe it was while my viral load was real high. I dont know
I know you too must think Im nuts but these symtoms are real. I know I told you the girl tested 6 mos after and was neg but I can't dismiss the symptoms. Im wonderig if smething went wrong with her test or she is a late seroconverter. She is like 106 lbs and very weak besides she had an std maybe that delayed her from developing antibodies. All I know is I am sick. Our symptms are similiar so if you believe im OK then you should be too
Wouldn't that be great!!!
By the way with the Geographic tounge can you scrape off the white borders. I did and it hurts burns You said you saw a Doc about yours Did he give you anyting for it. Did your Doc really say that Geographic tounge is from stress and anxiety. That would be good news I need some rigt about now
Hang in there

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29440 - 03/06/02 01:25 PM

Hi FC-NEG, I don't know why you change mind again. I believe your doctor had given you all explaination. He certainly cannot say that you are 100% ok because there is no such case in medcine and no doctor dare to say this due to unwanted responsibility. I really doubt you have anything. Listen to your doctor and calm down. Good luck.

FC-NEG
Unregistered

#29447 - 03/06/02 01:59 PM

I know I should listen to my Dr.......It just sits in the back of my mind. Now my wife is saying she is not feeling good. 3-7 weeks after her exposure to me........
The geographic tongue can be caused by stress. That I heard from the Dr.
I am just scared.......Very scared right now. 3 more days till I send in my next test (6 week). If what I went through is truly ARS then I should show up as positive.
This is such a bad situation. I feel as if I am going mad.
FC

Unlucky
Unregistered

FC What bout the Hands new
      #29452 - 03/06/02 03:44 PM

Hey
Its Unlucky
So whats happening with your hands refer to my post above
Thanks

FC-NEG
Unregistered

Re: FC What bout the Hands new
      #29464 - 03/06/02 07:26 PM

They tingle from time to time. At night they fall asleep but I wake up and find them clenched tight as a ball. Probably just stress is my thought. This crap creates alot of stress on you........

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1746

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3