Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Documented Seroconversion beyond 6 months - scary!
      #29282 - 03/04/02 03:40 PM

Everyone - Not news I am happy to report but just today Dr. Holodniy responded to a post from an individual who tested HIV+ beyond the window period. Needless to say it scared the !@#$ out of me.

My first results...

"I'm 52, was neg 6/00, pos 11/01 and beyond the 6 mth seroconversion. Jan labs VL32000 CD4 360/20. Was quite ill with purpura/swelling/joint pain and sinus infection but doing about 80 better now. No meds recommended at this time. Question is how does the 20 relate to the other numbers and could you comment on my condition as best you can. Should I be checking out the condition of my liver &/or other organs before going on antivirals? Thank you for your help."

Now what? I keep reading on this site about how 3 months is all one really needs - obviously this is not the case.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Documented Seroconversion beyond 6 months - scary! new
      #29286 - 03/04/02 03:51 PM

this person either have tested too soon on their first test or had another exposure or a defective immune system or some other medical condition. no way it's cut and dry case of late seroconversion.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29293 - 03/04/02 04:39 PM

Hmmm... and what makes you think he was late seroconverter? I think he meaned that he is (currently) out of the six month window (which is assumed as early infection), not that he is late seroconverter.

Fish
New User

Reged: 02/19/02
      #29297 - 03/04/02 05:11 PM

Based on the info this can hardly be proven to be a "documented" late seroconversion.
Tested neg 6/00 and pos 11/01.
was his test in 6/00 after 12 weeks? were there any other exposures? any other tests? why did he keep testing?
We aren't talking 6 months and a week... this guy states it was a year and a half! also if you look at the numbers and the Dr's response it would lead one to believe he has been infected for a little while.

Just remember anyone can say anything at anytime, and even if it is a late seroconversion that doesn't mean it would happen to anyone here.

Good luck and best wishes

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29323 - 03/04/02 09:35 PM

I dont think this person was saying they seroconverted late. I think what he was saying is he had last tested on 6/00 and when he took another test on 11/01 he tested positive. He had probably been infected after 6/00. You might just be misinterpreting the post. Lets hope so anyways...

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4549

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3