Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dr. Bundy - Floaters?
      #29160 - 03/02/02 04:38 PM

Dr. Bundy why are eye floaters linked to HIV infection? Like many others on this site I began seeing numerous eye floaters following a potential exposure. I began to research this on various HIV forums and it seemed to pop up on each site I visited. Doctors seem to think they are not related - only a late stage possibility due to CMV. However, I have also read posts from HIV infected individuals who said they started seeing floaters early on during infection, which is why there are people worried about the relationship between floaters and HIV infection (myself and Richard included).

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Richard
Unregistered

Re: Dr. Bundy - Floaters? new
      #29165 - 03/02/02 04:51 PM

I never talked about floaters. By the way I don't even know what they look like.

Richard
Unregistered

I bet this was your post Paul new
      #29166 - 03/02/02 05:10 PM

Dear PaulB,

Is the floaters your post.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I bet this was your post Paul new
      #29167 - 03/02/02 05:19 PM

It wasn't Paul's. I would like to hear a response to that issue.

Richard
Unregistered

Re: I bet this was your post Paul new
      #29170 - 03/02/02 05:21 PM

Read bellow Dr. Bundy's responce to PCR testing he is mentioning floaters at the end as well.

PaulB
Unregistered

Re: Dr. Bundy - Floaters? new
      #29177 - 03/02/02 06:00 PM

It was probably me, as well as some other people. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of floaters. I cannot pinpoint the date when this happened. However, it was probably about a month ago.

I remember seeing floaters as a child. I did have quite a few of them, but they were not very troublesome. I remember "chasing" them around with my eyes.

However, after the potential exposure I saw a significant increase in the number of floaters. I believe it was gradual, because I remember observing that my vision was slightly "weird", as I understand now, due to the presence of floaters.

Currently floaters present a major problem. They have increased dramatically, and I see them most of the time. They are highly annoying, especially when I go out on a bright day, sit in a bright room with white walls and halogen lamps, or use my computer.

Most doctors believe they are unrelated. This is also true of the Helpline people. There are numerous reasons why floaters can appear. One is CMV-related retinitis, which happens in late-stage disease, when CD4 < 50. This would be accompanied by many other manifestations, so it is unlikely.

Could you please specify, where exactly did you see the link between floaters and early HIV? The only place where I have seen it is here:

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SideEffects/Archive/Information/Q18415.html

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SideEffects/Archive/Information/Q19889.html

This is the only evidence that I have that floaters may be associated with early HIV. However, as Jackie has pointed out, it is not very conclusive.

What about you? Where else have you seen this mentioned? Please respond! Also, what does Dr. Bundy think about all this?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2209

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3