Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
FC-NEGNOW
Unregistered

WOW!!!! WHAT A RELIEF
      #29094 - 03/01/02 03:17 PM

Ok Folks......Here is the scoop........I am still experiencing pains in shoulders, some Lymph node pain, what I thought was thrush, etc...You know the drill, you have heard it a million times.
A friend of mine arranged for me to see a Dr. (Off the record). I spoke with him this morning. Told him about my exposure....Told him about my negative test at 28 days. Showed him my tongue. Told him about my symptoms. He felt my nodes. They were FINE. He looked at my tongue. I DO NOT HAVE THRUSH. I have a geographic tongue!!!!! This is NOT a symptom of HIV (This was one of the main things worrying me) After speaking with hime and telling him all he said he did not think I need to take another test. My exposre risk was so low it was not needed. He put it into perspective. He said that HIV is not the easiest thing to get. Think about it. Health care workers get blood and saliva on them every day. If it was that easy to get, there would be more health care workers with it. He told me several stories about patients he has personally dealt with and the lengths that they went to in order to get HIV.
My point is this. I am fine. As soon as he told me all of this (especially the tongue part) I walked out of the room feeling a million times better. They are running a CBC to see if there is anything else up as there has been a flu going around at the moment.
I will probably do a test at a later date but it is more for a piece of mind than anything else. I am not going to sit around and worry about this. I am going to live again. This has been a hellish month. I have prayed, I began reading the bible and learning about God our Father. I have made promises that I will keep. They involve being a good husband, being a good father and helping others that need it. That includes here on the bulletin board. I am no expert on HIV but this has been an eye opener. I can tell you that the mistake I made is one that I will never make again.
Please, for all the worried wells. Go to your Dr. Talk to them. Tell them what is up and LISTEN to them. They are Dr's for a reason. They did the years of studying and long nights in the ER to learn everything they possibly can. LISTEN to your Dr when he/she tells you that you are a low risk.
I will be around from time to time and look forward to helping others so they do not have to go through the trauma that I have recently. I will say this. In order NOT to go through the trauma............PRACTICE SAFE SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is so easy and saves so much heartache and trauma. Just do it! I wish I had.
FC

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1266

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3