Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Red Band
      #28827 - 02/25/02 08:31 PM

I have a question. Would people in the early stages of HIV(first year) get this red band gingivitus? or is it only it advanced stages of the illness? the reason I ask is because I see these line on my back two molars on the right ide of my mouth.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Red Band new
      #28836 - 02/25/02 09:13 PM

You don't get it during early infection.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28837 - 02/25/02 09:18 PM

Jackie, that's why I fear I'm a rapid progressor. Because I already have it, at the same location as the Anonymous poster, but on both sides of the mouth. I'll get tested soon. But this, coupled with my itching everywhere, rapid body hair loss, and molluscum-like thing on the leg, as well as floaters, which are all late-stage complications, does all this mean I'm a rapid progressor? That's what worried me so much! (I'll get tested soon. Still waiting for my Dad.)

Jackie_Blue
Legend

#28843 - 02/25/02 09:48 PM

Paul you don't have Red Band Gingivitis. Did you even read what I said. It looks very similar to regular gingivitis. Only a dentist can tell for sure.

I do agree however that your are a rapid progressor. You are rapidly progressing to one of those sad cases out there that can't believe they aren't infected and go through life not believing the facts. Watching their lives fall apart because of their obession with a disease they fear, but don't have. Losing their jobs, their loved ones, their friends. Living in a personal hell of their own creation. Watch your step Paul.

PaulB
Unregistered

Dear Jackie, with ALL THIS, is there ANY hope? new
      #28845 - 02/25/02 10:18 PM

But Jackie, dear Jackie, you are so wise and sober... I am indeed a wretch. Look, I just want to explain this terrible situation. I am waiting for my parents to get tested, and we will get tested together. My mother has a dangerous autoimmune disease, which may also lead to immunodeficiency. But she is doing quite well. I have done my best to prepare my family for this... However, how can I be negative after all this? I'll just list the symptoms, and most of them are the symptoms that are typical of the LATE STAGES:

- Rapid body hair loss. As many as 300 or so per day.
- Aching gum, and the suspicious line under the teath.
- Myriads of floaters, particularly in my right eye.
- Aching teeth and gums.
- Persistent, unyielding erythematous maculopapular rash.
- WILD ITCHING EVERYWHERE! NO VISIBLE RASH! SO ANNOYING! OUCH! TRANSIENT! NASTY!!!
- Sore throat.
- 2 disproportionately enlarged lymph nodes.
- Frequent stomach problems.
- Frequent cold sores.
- Transient red areas on hands, appear and disappear.
- Bleeding gums.
- Frequent stomach problems. Gas.
- Frequent intolerable heartache (or lungs???)
- Change of body smell. My feet smell differently too.
(That should be taken seriously.)
- Lack of sexual drive.
- Frequent fatigue. Want to sleep much of the time.
- Apathy. Don't want to do anything.
- Moodiness.
- Hands frequently go numb at night. Can't move them. (Takes a few minutes to go away.)
- Internal vibration, mainly in my back.
- Transient malaise. Occurs spontaneously for 5-10 minutes.
- Muscle twitching.
- Seborrhoea (dandruff) - had it before, now worse.
- Something is "going on" in my stomach.
- Red, inflamed salivary glands with some papules, or whatever they are, tonsils and throat.
- A "thing" on my leg, dome-shaped, skin-coloured, filled with colourless liquid that looked like Molluscum contagiosum. I burst it open and there is a round red mark on that place.
- My eyes are very red in the morning. With inflamed blood vessels.
- 3 new brown moles and at least 1 red mole have appeared within the last 2 months.

3 months after the exposure... Some of these typically occur in sever immunosuppression. I.e. not even early stages. Is there any way to be a non-rapid progressor with all this? Moreover, is there ANY chance of testing negative with this arsenal of symptoms? It doesn't sound like ARS. It sounds like advanced infection. Please Jackie, is there any point in persuading myself it's not what I think? Also, please advise, how can I get on with my daily life while I'm having all this? It looks like I don't even have the luxury of 5-8 asymptomatic years, without treatment... Am I just VERY, VERY unlucky? I wish I were home with my Mommy and Daddy and all this never happenned - all I wish to do now is either sleep or cry... I'm contemplating suicide...

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Re: Dear Jackie, with ALL THIS, is there ANY hope? new
      #28846 - 02/25/02 10:32 PM

Paul your story is no different than a lot I've seen. People freaked out over a low/nonexistent risk. Interesting I rarely see anyone on here with a real reason to worry.

I've seen people with a whole lot more symptoms and just as convince they were positive and some were convinced they had Advance Stages of the disease. They have tested negative.

Call your shrink and get in to see him/her ASAP. He will be more able to help you than I can.

At this point there is nothing more I can say to try to convince you that you have let your mind run away. If you remember I warned you against this when you first posted. Even then you showed signs of being at risk of becoming someone who pays too dearly mentally for no reason.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1992

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3