Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

early symptoms of infection
      #28620 - 02/21/02 10:45 PM

Has anyone ever heard of flu or cold like symptoms like a 24 hour bug being an early symptom of infection? I shot this question to the expert at this site and it got ignored so I'm asking here.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: early symptoms of infection new
      #28626 - 02/22/02 01:34 AM

i have heard that it does have flu like symptoms but they last anywhere from 3 to 7 days, hope this may have helped you in some way.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28642 - 02/22/02 02:28 PM

Yes, there has been a great deal of testing done in Boston around the Sero Conversion flu like symptoms, however they describe it as being a flu that totally knocks you on your ass, Very high fever, almost to the point of being unable to get out of bed. HOWEVER it does not show up in everyone and is nothing that can be used as a sign that HIV infection has occured.

What the doctors there are trying to do is set up some triggers that when someone comes in to a hospital with these severe symptoms and when asked about any possible encounter that might have been at risk of HIV they can start blood tests right away rather then just passing it off as the flu.

I hope that helps

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28649 - 02/22/02 08:05 PM

i'm the guy who started this thread. thanks. i had that knock on my ass thing in january but it wasn't because i had been with a poz guy, it was that flu crap everyone got this year. the episode i'm asking about was this last monday, i had like a 24 hour bug my nose wouldn't stop running, not achy at all or anything. but i had been with a poz guy the tuesday before that and there is a minor minor chance i was infected and the timing with this monday 24 hour bug freaked me out. thanks for the post, it helped. i'm getting tested tomorrow, i was advised by the local AIDS project to do it. i know it will be inconclusive but i need the peace of mind. and i'm counting down the 90 days. wish me luck.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1452

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3