Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
D'Nut
Unregistered

Worried.....ARS?
      #28360 - 02/14/02 08:41 PM

Hello,

I had sex with a prostitute approx 2 weeks ago. she performed oral on me and we had intercourse..no anal. I did use a condom for both occasions but I think..not sure..but I think she might have used oil based lubes.The condoms didnt tear. Now I think I beginning to experience ARS symptoms. One week after exposure, I developed Pharyngitis and mild swelling in the groin area and altho I feel better..I still have difficulty swallowing. I am also feeling some mild aches...I am [censored] scared that I might start getting fever and swollen nodes.....I am already stressed....cant work or eat..Please help me with whatever info you know?..Am I at risk?...are my fears well grounded?...So I am experiencing ARS symptoms

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Worried.....ARS? new
      #28361 - 02/14/02 08:56 PM

If you used condoms oil or not, that still decreases your risk if u hadnt used a condom. Its unlikely for the insertive partner to become infected through 1 or 2 exposures. I would suggest not continuing to visit prostitutes so u can avoid any unecesary stress. I wouldent jump to the conclusion that your symptoms are related to ars becaue if youve read any past posts on this board, every worried well expierencing symptoms.

DrAlfred
Unregistered

#28372 - 02/15/02 09:30 AM

take the test after 1 month and put your mind at ease. I expect you to be negative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28374 - 02/15/02 09:51 AM

Your risk based on what you describe is close to zero. . Your symptons do not sound like ars but a simple sore throat. I do not think you need to test, but you might want to for peace of mind

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28401 - 02/15/02 06:34 PM

Thanks for your answer. I guess its hard not too think about HIV when one does get into the kind of activity I did and starts experiencing the symptoms I do. But I will keep your advice and will try to move on. Thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28402 - 02/15/02 06:36 PM

Thanks for the advice man..will try to move on and not think about it. Appreciate it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28403 - 02/15/02 06:38 PM

Thanks for advice. I really hope that all turns out well. Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2224

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3