Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Magnus
Unregistered

Vaccine!
      #28229 - 02/13/02 06:36 AM

Hi, long time since I was on this forum now. I can tell you that Sweden may have found a vaccine that are build in a whole new concept studies in rats have showned GREAT results and studies in sweden may begin within 5 years if it will be approved. So let us keep faith in this new science and Sweden have always been a big player in HIV and AIDS and this new science prove that. But we have been dissapoited before, all vaccines that didnīt work in humans but this is a big step to find a new science and attack angle. To you all that think that sweden is a small country and so on(I have recieved posts that doesnīt thrust sweden window period) Today we are saying that 8 weeks is probably enough but to be rally safe a test a 12 weeks is the conclusive test until we have a big study showing that no one have taking longer than 8 weeks today no one have taking longer than 8 weeks. Sweden would never allow 12 weeks if something showed that 5 % of all infected took longer time than 12 weeks. Iīam very proud of my country today and very glad for this new science that may be succesfull in the future for all HIV patients. Let us all pray that this vaccine may be succesfull now.
magnus_aresthlm@hotmail.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
PaulB
Unregistered

Re: Vaccine! new
      #28230 - 02/13/02 07:04 AM

Dear Magnus!

I agree with you that Sweden is a wonderful country. Just one question. Are you talking about a prophylactic vaccine (i.e. the one that PREVENTS HIV infection in HIV-) or therapeutic vaccine (i.e. the one that suppresses, or cures, HIV in HIV+)? I believe all those with HIV and the worried wells are more concerned about the second one. So which one is it?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28233 - 02/13/02 07:22 AM

Hi Paul,
Iīm talking about a therapeutic vaccine that shows a great results in mices(rats) But we need to wait and see about this but is very promising and looks great But the most importat is that this is a new possible attack angle. I this in the news yesterday when two PH D in HIV talked about this new and possible vaccine but they said that their is a long way to go and we may be dissapointed but for now they are very satified to have these good results in mices. At earliest the studies in humans can start within 5 years and now we need to pray and scientist over the world need to work togheter in this and develop this.
Some good news for us in sweden after all this defeats in the olympics I hopes that Per Elofsson, and Magda Forsberg and the icehockey team can recieve some gold now :) Please write me at my hotmail adress magnus_aresthlm@hotmail.com because I will leave now to work and then go home and look at the olympics but I will try to answer as soon as possible.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28234 - 02/13/02 07:30 AM

I'm sure if it's 0 successful then everybody will be f#!king on the streets next day

Magnus
Unregistered

#28236 - 02/13/02 07:54 AM

If this will work this may not be cure that will delete all the virus in the body But the needs of eating medecines will go away and all infected donīt have to manage all the side effects that the medecines gives today. But for now will need to hope for this and that it will show positive in humans BUT we need to be ready that we may be dissapoited but today everything that looks good are good news. We all pray for this to work in humans but their is a long way to go and as I wrote earlier we need to wait at least 5 years to see some results in humans and then we can tell if this was for real or if we will be dissapointed as so many times before when the good results in animals have showned great result but failed in humans.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Vaccine! & window perioud new
      #28238 - 02/13/02 08:24 AM

Hi Magnus: Thanks for the info
Question: Any insight or info in Sweden about the window perioud for individuals with std's
I was with a girl who had an std gonnorea or clymidia. So Im concearned that she was at risk for HIV
3 months after she got the std she treated it and was cured
3 months later she took a HIV elissa test and was negative
However she is symptomatic of HIV
What Im concearned about is the acuracy of the test due to her being infected with the other std. That possibly because of that she wouldn't have produced antibodies
I read that individuals co infected with HIV and HCV take longer to seroconverte what about other std's
This question was answered once by Dr Feinberg in the expert forum and she felt it would not delay seroconversion
Whats your thoughts or any insight from Sweden
Thanks

Magnus
Unregistered

Re: Vaccine! & window perioud new
      #28239 - 02/13/02 09:10 AM

Hi, Thank you for your question. The only time sweden use 6 months if a person have recieved PEP and Acute HCV infection. HCV doesnīt spread through sex normally and in thoose cases HCV have spread through sex the most likely reason is that blood have beem involved(blood to blood contact) This is the only reason Sweden uses 6 months but no one with acute HCV have taken longer than 12 weeks but until we have enogh of these cases BUT today no one with acute HCV infection togheter with HIV have taken longer than 12 weeks. All other STD doesnīt affect the antibody production that would delay seroconversion.
So If a person have recieved PEP after a real exposure or have been infected with HIV and HCV at the same time the window is 6 months but HCV and HIV at same time can olnly happen in nurses(needle injuries) or Persons that use narcotics and injects this with needles. HCV doesnīt spread trouh sex and when it does Blood to Blood contact must exists so donīt be afraid to have been infected with HCV if you had a sexuell encounter.
Take care
Magnus

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Vaccine! & window perioud thanks Magnus new
      #28246 - 02/13/02 12:07 PM

Thank you Im not concearned that I might have contracted HCV my reason for asking was that I was hoping to rest asure that the girls negative results at 6 months were conclusive and not affected by her other std Are you sure that other std's dont effect the window perioud. Have you seen documentation on that
Thanks again

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1568

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3