Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ARS =BAD Flu??
      #27919 - 02/07/02 05:23 PM

When people say they have ARS, is it ALMOST ALWAYS a flu like illness? Something that couldn't be mistaken for a cold, sinus infection, upper respiratory infection, etc? AND is a fever almost always present? And a rash as well? I know this has more than likey been answered before, sorry, but new and just curious.....I'm am THE MOST paranoid person, and am waiting for test results. Anything that can give me some relief would be good right now. Also, does anyone know the stats on JUST hetero sex, no IV drugs, no bisexual sex.....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS =BAD Flu?? new
      #27930 - 02/07/02 08:03 PM

Symptoms could range from severe to next to nothing...one DOES NOT necessarily have to have the "flu like" symptoms. I would think swollen nodes/glands would appear though! Best of luck!!! :) You may want to check that with "Miss Cleo" just to be certain.

INFECTED II
Unregistered

Re: ARS =BAD Flu?? new
      #27970 - 02/08/02 11:07 AM

What was your exposure? and what were your symptoms? Hope you dont mind my questions so that it is easier for us to evaluate your risk.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Symptoms and Risk.. new
      #27979 - 02/08/02 02:04 PM

Risk was hetero sex with three partners....all of whom I dated. No SPECIFIC symptoms I can remember that were out of the blue other than a pulled muscle once followed by a headache later that week and a sore throat (caffeine withdrawal, pulled muscle and dry air??) and NO fever. Sinus infection once with mild fever, upper respiratory infection once with fever (cough, stuffed head and nose, bronchial irritation), on and off sore throats (I have year round allergies). I don't know if my lymphs are swollen. I distincly remember after having an allergic reaction to sinus meds ONE neck lymphnode did swell some and was tender and two days later I had a rash EVERYWHERE yet don't remember a fever, if there was one it was low grade. Went to doc and he said it was allergic reaction to sulfur meds. Other than that can't remember feeling a tender lymphnode. Would you be able to tell if one were swollen if it WAS NOT tender??

PaulB
Unregistered

Re: Symptoms and Risk.. new
      #27983 - 02/08/02 02:45 PM

Don't try to diagnose lymphadenopathy yourself, or swollen lymph nodes. This is something for your GP or an experienced nurse. I thought I had swollen nodes all over the neck, whereas in fact I didn't have any.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1585

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3