Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
JohnSmith
Unregistered

Blood in the Nose
      #27868 - 02/07/02 09:34 AM

Hi all! Please help - I have dry blood inside my nose, stuck to the sides. It's not that close to the openings of the nostrils but rather deeper. Has anyone had the same problem before? The blood IS NOT coming out of my nose, but when I scrape off those dark red bits some minor, bleeding does take place (can see blood on the finger) and then stops. Is this thrombocytopenia? (HIV-induced low blood platelet count.) Has anyone had this for any other reasons?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Blood in the Nose new
      #27872 - 02/07/02 10:06 AM

I am having it right now also...Mine however is related to the weather and depending on where you are located I would wager your's is the same. Especially if you continue to irritate the lining of the nose (I think you know what I mean). It will cause the nose to bleed just like extremely dry chapped skin. I have found that simply using cough drops helps dry the nose, and stops you from continuously blowing and irritating the nose further so it may heal. Just a suggestion...

OBSESSING!!
Unregistered

Re: Blood in the Nose new
      #27873 - 02/07/02 10:08 AM

Yes. mine was from dryness and unconscious picking and poking at night or in amoment of mental wandering. I really think you are fine.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1789

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3