Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Jackson8811

Reged: 06/03/14
cd4/cd8 count results.. still hiv negative.
      #277604 - 08/10/14 06:00 AM

Here are my blood results i today got back from my doctor. He was concerened...

cd4 total count - 470
cd4% - %39
cd8% - %28
cd8 total count 300

Soo.. my cd4 is low at 470.. and my cd% is rather normal at 39 percent... could these results have any idication of hiv infection? I also had a high level of IGM proteins in my blood.. and my ESR was at 2... my doctor said he wanted to do another viral load test and antibody test... as well as an early herpes infection test..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Worriedsick3139
New User

Reged: 07/20/14
Re: cd4/cd8 count results.. still hiv negative. new
      #277605 - 08/10/14 06:43 AM

What was your risk?

crabmanModerator
Veteran

Reged: 03/10/11
      #277606 - 08/10/14 07:18 AM

Interesting. As late as Friday night you messaged me that your doctor had discovered that you had a staph infection. "i had a staph infection for 3 or 4 months.. and it caused some crazy shit in my body. I thought it was HIV"

Now somehow between Friday night and when you posted this you had a another interaction with your doctor again....on a Saturday no less.

Your doctor is concerned over those results? Why did he consent to run those for you in the first place. It would seem your doctor doesn't understand that CD4 counts can go down just because of a runny nose. A 3 month staph infection will take a hit on that count.

Your perceived risk from PROTECTED sex was around April. This is August. You have tested conclusively negative. You really need to let this go.

PozInAmarillo

Reged: 07/29/14
Loc: Texas
      #277607 - 08/10/14 08:58 AM

If your HIV test says negative then you are negative. If you had an active HIV infection that was actually affecting your cd4 you would certainly test positive The other numbers are irrelevant as far as HIV infection goes. You dont seem to want to accept the results of the actual HIV test and instead are looking for something to disprove it. As has already been said, there are numerous things that can make you cd4 drop. Is your doctor an infectious disease doc? You do not have HIV.

--------------------
Nobody can give you HIV. You have to take it.

Jackson8811

Reged: 06/03/14
      #277622 - 08/11/14 02:44 AM

My Doc ran all of the tests because i have had thrush on my penis for 3 weeks, a staph infection, and multiple swollen lymph nodes all over... this all appeared after the onset of symptoms that at least i thought were a lot like hiv. Turns out my CD4 count is low, and ive had all the symptoms.. ive just always tested negative out to 106 days. I feel like its a waiting game because nothing has gotten better for me health wise and the results show in my blood work... IGM proteins were high... ESR was low, low inflamation... apparently.. White blood cells were lower than 2 months prior to... I dont know man, im just real got damn ill. If stress did this to my body, from being so insanely scared of having hiv.. then i probably do have it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 795

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3