Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
onemotto
New User

Reged: 07/27/14
Tested Negative with Oral Rapid Test at 5 Months- do I need to retest? *DELETED*
      #277361 - 07/27/14 01:08 AM

Post deleted by onemotto

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Tested Negative with Oral Rapid Test at 5 Months- do I need to retest? new
      #277364 - 07/27/14 10:52 AM

Go to your local sexual health clinic and have a test done and get informed on HIV and other STD / STI's and start enjoying your sexual encounters. You had no risk with no other oral activities except for kissing!

Stop symptom surfing, internet diagnosis is just a complete waste of time, plus the majority of proposed symptoms you come across on the web are also symptoms to a host of other things including stress and anxiety and guilt!!! HIV "symptoms" won't come all on at once, too, they linger and happen gradually ... it is quite funny when someone symptom surfs because they seem to have a combination of the alleged symptoms all happening at once, which means there immune system is already extremely compromised! Get educated at the clinic, that's all I can say!

More than the retest at the clinic get informed ... especially if you are going to be involved in these types of activities, it's important to know the do's and don'ts of multiple sexual partners!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

onemotto
New User

Reged: 07/27/14
Re: Tested Negative with Oral Rapid Test at 5 Months- do I need to retest? new
      #277367 - 07/27/14 03:52 PM

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your time. My main concern now is that when I tested negative 2 days ago (at 22 weeks past exposure) the individual who gave me my results told me that I should return in one month (which would be 6 months past exposure) even though it is rare for someone to seroconvert after three months.

I will follow his advice but can a healthy person seroconvert after 5 months with modern tests?

Thank you.

Edited by onemotto (07/27/14 04:53 PM)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 741

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3