Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
asian_male

Reged: 07/12/14
Used Razor blade Exposure at Barber Shop- Pls help
      #277111 - 07/12/14 12:31 PM

Dear Friends, Pls help !

Today (12- 07- 2014) in the morning at 7.30 AM i was getting a shave and hair cut done at a average barber shop in India, my concern is that while the barber was shaving my beard my cell phone rang and my phone was kept near a used razor blade on the table in front of me and by mistake, carelessness while picking up my phone my index finger got cut by the used razor blade that was lying on the table and my finger started bleeding from the cut by the used blade kept on the table. This blade was lying their for 20- 25 minutes in front of me and their was no other customer in the shop for 20- 25 mins atleast as it was too early in the morning and the shop had just opened a while back i believe, after the cut i washed the cut with running water from a tap the bleeding stopped in 1 minute probably and then after 10 mins once i reached home i rubbed the cut with surgical spirit and then later during the day got a anti tetanus vaccine shot.

My concern is about Hepatitis or HIV exposure from the finger cut from the used razor blade lying on the table at the barber shop. Pls provide your help with urgent advice on the Hepatitis or HIV exposure if any from the exposure above.

Waiting for your help.

Thanks

Anit

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
PhoenixLG
Regular

Reged: 05/20/14
Re: Used Razor blade Exposure at Barber Shop- Pls help new
      #277119 - 07/12/14 08:05 PM

Hi Anit, although hepatitis is a bit more resilient than hiv, the chance if getting hep is insignificant and the chance of getting hiv is none. The hiv virus dies off within seconds if being exposed to air. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

asian_male

#277122 - 07/12/14 10:06 PM

Dear informed group moderators,

Pls help Me, please suggest if testing for HIV or Hep is required or should this incedent be forgotten and life be continued as normal as always.

Waiting reply...

Anit

PhoenixLG
Regular

#277138 - 07/13/14 09:29 AM

My response was very informed, Anit. As for testing, only you can decide whether you should get tested, whether it's for legit concerns or to simply bring you peace of mind.

asian_male

#277154 - 07/13/14 09:39 PM

Thanks phoenix so you mean except for mental satisfaction tests are not required for actual reason because of the finger cut at barbers shop by somebody else razor.

Pls give a confirmatory reply with clear instructions.

I am little weak at understanding complex engish statements here.

Thanks waiting

PhoenixLG
Regular

#277180 - 07/15/14 10:11 AM

I'll simplify the response for you. I don't think you were exposed to anything significant from a razor blade that was sitting on the counter from the day before.

I can't tell you whether to get tested or not because that decision should be yours only, but in my opinion, it's always good to be tested at least once a year if you're a sexually active person, just so you know your own status (this recommendation has nothing to do with your razor blade incident). So if you want to stop wasting your time guessing and you really want to know your status for sure, then get tested. Good luck!

asian_male

#277185 - 07/15/14 10:59 PM

Phoenix you are a very nice person for tolerating me for so long. i am not very sure if the razor was not used since day before, but for sure wasn't used for the 30 mins infront of me. Now with this change in the status would your advice change regarding the razor cut exposure.
do reply whenever free to do so.
regards

PhoenixLG
Regular

#277209 - 07/16/14 09:34 AM

I think you're just nervous. If you don't even know whether the razor was used, then I wouldn't bother to get tested because of the razor, but like I said before, I would recommend testing at least once a year so that you know your own status, specially if you have more than one sexual partner. Good luck!

asian_male

#277226 - 07/16/14 10:39 PM

Dear Phoenix.. i am nervous and you have been cooperative enough in my times of stress thanks to you again and the razor blade was used on somebody else for sure probably half an hour ago or the night before. But was certainly a used razor by somebodies shaving. Now if it was exposed to Hep or hiv would it be a risk because of the finger cut in my hand. Pls give detailed why or why not advice on the exposure.

PhoenixLG
Regular

#277229 - 07/17/14 07:57 AM

I gave you detailed advice. The choice is yours about getting tested. Good luck!

asian_male

#277251 - 07/19/14 09:00 AM

Dear all

Now i have running nose sore throat today and my son started these symptoms 3 days back when he came from school. as you are aware i had a used razor blade experience at a barber shop and also please be informed that i had a condom protected out of marriage sexual experience with a call girl. Noware these hiv or hep related flu symptoms from my exposure of blade or sex or just infected from my son who had flu from school and its rainy season here these days.pls help with your advice.

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #277252 - 07/19/14 11:55 AM

Your getting a flu / cold! You cannot contract HIV from a razor that has been sitting on a counter for any length of time! You cannot, If your thinking, pass HIV onto your son please get some education from your health care professionals regarding transmitting HIV.

Protected sex with a call girl is probably your biggest issue in all this because you are feeling guilt! Guilt and stress can weaken immune system, get the mind racing and cause alot more symptoms than any flu / cold or HIV could ever show!

Best advice for you is the advice from your doctor, take two Contac C, , have a bowl of chicken noodle soup and call me in the morning ... and if symtoms persist, tell your wife what you did with the call girl, will take a load off your shoulders!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

asian_male

#277343 - 07/25/14 04:33 AM

thanks for your reply @another day.

another symptom here. i am having a few small rashes on my glans penis, it is slightly itchy and this started after 2 days of the razor exposure and still persists after 10 days its aklso been 14 weeks now after the protected sex exposure which you are aware of the rash is redish and few in number, small rounded. if you ask me without the above said exposure phobia i would say that it would be candidiasis or some fungal/ yeast infection and now have started clotrimazole cream also from yesterday. but you guys are expert to advice on HIV symptoms or Hep symptoms of this type.

waiting for your reply.

Regards....

asian_male

#277385 - 07/29/14 08:23 AM

Hi phoenix & anotherday

the redish rash on the glans is cured with clotrimazole cream for 7 days, now i am feeling itchy on skin and had very slight fever of 99.5 at night which got cured with some good sleep at night without any medicine. then i have stomach pain quiet often, have been thinking a lot about HIV & Hep B fear since last 2 months......pls help i had 2 exposures one of sex with prostitute probably protected as i wore a condom and the other was with used razor blade at barber shop.....i am very tensed what should i do to relax my tension and persistent symptoms of this and that

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3959

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3