Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
paranoid1358

Reged: 06/21/14
High Lymphocytes
      #276762 - 06/21/14 03:19 AM

Sorry if it's a bit vague. I'm internet shy.

I had brief unprotected sex with a man of unknown status. There was no ejaculation.

I got sick about 5-7 weeks afterward. Blood tests showed that strep and mono were negative, but the doctor still suspected it was mono.

I expressed my HIV concerns. My blood tests showed that I had high lymphocytes, and the doctor told me I didn't have HIV because if I did, lymphocytes would be low.

How much stock can I place in the fact that high lymphocytes mean whatever was wrong with me wasn't HIV? I read posts about how you shouldn't use other blood results to diagnose yourself, but that's kind of what my doctor did.

I will be at the 3 month mark for testing soon, but I'm just looking for more information/opinions.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: High Lymphocytes new
      #276769 - 06/21/14 06:00 PM

You need an actual HIV test to determine your HIV status, simple blood tests are not an indicator of your HIV status. Your doctor is incorrect. Many public health, AID service organizations, Planned Parenthood, and even the Red Cross offer free HIV testing that takes about 20 minutes. Enough time has passed to get an accurate and conclusive result.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 465

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3