Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
rajkumar77

Reged: 06/16/14
Condom Tear - HIV tension new
      #276721 - 06/19/14 04:45 AM

what kind of tears are found in condom generally after or during sex... can i would have had a break which could have been missed by normal eye while removing the condom. a small tear or rip would not be found. meaning missing out on tear which is small.. pls help reply i have severe HIV fear and tension...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Condom Tear - HIV tension new
      #276724 - 06/19/14 10:02 AM

Small unseen condom tears don't happen to latex condoms.

rajkumar76

Reged: 06/02/14
      #276729 - 06/19/14 03:01 PM

So how does a condom tear during sex.. does it tear like a slit or burst like a balloon or just breaks from any portion into two.

Pls advice with your experience friends. My tension is huge for Hiv because of this...

kicker

Re: Condom Tear - HIV tension
      #276730 - 06/19/14 03:41 PM

The best analogy is like a balloon. Though it doesn't "burst" it does rip apart. Kind of like an old cloth in the very strong wind. Believe me it leaves no doubt as to whether or not it failed.

Why not try reading how HIV is transmitted and how to prevent it rather than fantasizing on fear and information that is probably based on fear. That would go much further in calming you if you had the facts to combat the wrong ideas you have. Sounds to me you have bought into the whole urban myths surrounding condoms and HIV for far to long.

http://www.thebody.com/content/40478/hiv-aids-prevention.html?ic=3001

rajkumar77

#276731 - 06/20/14 06:08 AM

so if it so obvious that you cant miss on a condom tear then why do people water test the used condom for tears.

i am worried that i didn't do a water test of the condom, but the condom looked normal while removing.

now i have this terrible fear of HIV by reading these condom tear posts.

further what are the odds of getting HIV from an infected female through normal vaginal sex just once.

waiting help friends

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #276732 - 06/20/14 06:34 AM

Pretty sad when a non-issue has you so paranoid that you have to ask the same questions again as another user. Even sadder is the complete lack of imagination you showed in picking another moniker. I liked the fact you tripped yourself up and signed in under the old one on this thread.

You had all the answers you needed on this subject before. Did you think the answers would change?

Go deal with your guilt.

http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=276436

kicker

#276733 - 06/20/14 08:52 AM

Quote:

so if it so obvious that you cant miss on a condom tear then why do people water test the used condom for tears.

i am worried that i didn't do a water test of the condom, but the condom looked normal while removing.

now i have this terrible fear of HIV by reading these condom tear posts.

further what are the odds of getting HIV from an infected female through normal vaginal sex just once.

waiting help friends

They do it, because they fall for the same urban myths you believe in. That people put pin size holes in condoms to purposely infect/get pregnant/ do some "evil". That's a story that has been around for as long as the condom especially when they were made of other materials. Which is exactly why I asked you to read facts, boring I know, but it's better than believing a lie in my opinion and make you far less likely to be mocked by those who do have the facts.

Now help yourself and go read.

rajkumar77

#276734 - 06/20/14 09:16 AM

Dear Crabman,

I didnt want you guys to believe me as a new user thats why i used a very near name. i would not have done that but the original thread was not allowing me to enter any more comments / requests thats why i had to make a new user id but in no case it was to disassociate myself from my original id.

thanks for your reassurance friend. more than the guilt i think its the disease anxiety disorder thats frustrating me into thinking weird things like this. also that now if i have pain behind my neck near the spine could be because of the cervical pain i am associating it also with HIV symptoms and then start worrying myself regarding the same. i keep searching for sore lymph nodes near my neck armpit and groin and if something pains anywhere near i think its probably the symptom of HIV. then as i smoke at times and then probably get sore throat because of that i start thinking and believing that its happening because of HIV initial symptoms.

what should i do its been 1 month now to the exposure and i have been living on the edge since then.... trying to tell myself that no symptoms are because of HIV as i was protected but my mind starts thinking again on those lines that it could be because of HIV related symptoms

pls help friends....

PhoenixLG
Regular

Reged: 05/20/14
      #276751 - 06/20/14 03:35 PM

Not much we can do to help, because there's nothing to be helped. You used a condom and it was intact. It doesn't get much better than that. Your worries are completely unnecessary, which you've been told a few times already, so I don't know exactly how else we could help you. ONce again, you're fine, you did not contract HIV from your protected sex encounter. Not much to be said beyond that.

rajkumar76

#276761 - 06/21/14 01:34 AM

Dear phoenix

I used a condom thats for sure i took off both condoms after 2 inserstions is also correct. But i am not very sure if they got ripped or slit while inside. Visible on single check their was no issue in the used condom. Still i am worried. What do you think is this fear about or could their be a chance of hiv exposure or my body is reacting to anxiety by these wierd symptoms... help again

rajkumar76

#276817 - 06/24/14 12:13 AM

Pls advice the chances of a healthy male with no std catching hiv from one unprotected vaginal sex exposure from a paid female sex worker of unknown status.

How many males do you find getting infected with one exposure.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 508

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3