Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
plokoon81

Reged: 06/19/14
Loc: United Kingdom
4th Gen HIV test Negative at 4 weeks and 7 weeks please help
      #276726 - 06/19/14 10:44 AM

HI

Sorry to post here but I am really really worried
I had protected vaginal sex with a sex worker from romania she provided the condom so i dont know if it was good or bad. I dont recall seen it break or snak or anything. I did not check if it was intact at the end with watter or anything like that. I also had oral sex she did it to me but this time without a condom.

I am really stressed out

I had 2 tes 4th Gen one at 4 weeks wa snegative and the second one at 7 weeks. also negative

I had other STD and siphillis test also done and those were also negative.

I am really worried as I made this mistake I have a wife and a wonderful son and i am worried i might put them in danger !!!

I has minor headaches and stiff neck .. also felt itch all ove rmy body with a rash that comes and goes like hives .. this all started at different times and periods

the itch without a rash started 3 weeks after expousure. then head ache and minor muscle pain. then i got tested at 4 weeks and i started to get really nervous .. when i got my results i felt better but then i started to feel my neck being in pain and started to feel tired and kind of feel like my armpits felt swollen. so i went back to get a new test again 4th gen at 7 weeks . while waiting for the result I started to get allergy like rashes that went away after afew minutes . in y arms and chest and back.. the results came back as negative .. I dont know what to do I still have a stiff neck and some times I get headaches which i never used to get.

has any one seen some one turning positive at 12 weeks after a 7 week negative?

please any help is very welcome

thank you

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: 4th Gen HIV test Negative at 4 weeks and 7 weeks please help new
      #276727 - 06/19/14 11:03 AM

4th generation HIV tests are highly unlikely to change after 6 weeks. Congrats on the negative. Please read the following section of this site to find out what is risk behavior and how to reduce it.

http://www.thebody.com/content/40478/hiv-aids-prevention.html?ic=3001

plokoon81

#276728 - 06/19/14 11:15 AM

Thanks Kicker

I can see that my mind can do loads of things to my body.. I need to let it go
I will take another test at 3 months just to close this chapter in my life

Hope you are right and thank you for taking the time to help a lost mind to find the light once more

plokoon81

#276783 - 06/22/14 08:10 AM

I know this might be a silly question .. but protected sex using a condom is this a very low risk ?

I am sure the condom didnt break because when i removed it semen was inside and it didnt looked like a burst ballon ..

Do u think i need to retest at 3 months? I have looked every where in the net about a 7 week 4th gen test turning positve at a later stage. I cant find any post .. not sure if people get cleared then never come back to post their results or they do get sick and well the lat thing they ever think of doing is to come back and post ..

I am probably just another person who comes with this questions seeking a bit of peace of mind

thanks for your time dude

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 826

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3