Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Not so Horrible
Unregistered

Me again...
      #27644 - 01/31/02 09:40 AM

Hi Everyone. I'm starting to calm down a little but I have this nagging issue of constipation/diarreah that started around week 8. I can't help but think this is related somehow...is it? Most "symptoms" I know start within 2 - 4 weeks...is it just nerves?

I'm sorry if this seems like a lame question but I'm just so scared.

20 days to the three month test...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jackass
Unregistered

Re: Me again... new
      #27645 - 01/31/02 10:01 AM

hey every diarrhea follows with constipation..this is the rule ;)

unfortunately I'm suffering diarrhea for 2 weeks.. my diarrhea started at 8,5 weeks..but I wanna say it's not like diarrhea.. diarrhea is explained as if a guy has to go toilet for 3+ times a day and has watery feces..
but my case is I go to toilet every 2 days but it's looser than normal.. not watery but it doesn't have a shape..

My mom is having diarrhea for 2 weeks too...our problem started in same time..but she doesn't have any HIV infection risk so mine makes more question marks in my mind..

I asked my mother and she said we ate mushrooms and it caused that..

also she said stress causes diarrhea..

I have a stomachache right now.. (not because of diarrhea..I ate so much spicy food :)

GL

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27656 - 01/31/02 01:38 PM

Yes, it's totally related .... related to your stress level. trust me, your mind is on such "high alert" right now that not only is your body reacting, but you're noticing things that you wiould have never even thought about before. Am I right?

Not So Horrible
Unregistered

#27659 - 01/31/02 01:53 PM

You're absolutely right. Will I ever be normal again?

I feel like even if I get an all clear at 3 months, I'll continue obsessing over this.

I hope that's not going to be the case.

jackass
Unregistered

#27662 - 01/31/02 02:31 PM

my friend had diarrhea for 9 months while she was studying for university exam.. (if you can't pass the exam you are going to be a part time cashier at mc donalds instead of being an engineer..think about the stress she had..)

Dilbert
Unregistered

#27665 - 01/31/02 04:21 PM

If you already think you can't believe the results after 3 months, save up some money and do a HIV PCR and antibody test at 3 months. That's as conclusive as anything will ever get.

Beware though, the PRC is expensive, and can take 2-3 weeks to come back.

RAnon
Unregistered

#27678 - 01/31/02 09:49 PM

Believe me, you will be normal again. I have tested time and time again over a couple years (different scenerios and always unneccesary worry considering the risk). I used to come to this board mult times a day, just out of curiosity I logged on today and its prob been 7 or 8 mths since I last did. The same types of support/questions out here as when I was obsessed.

Disregard the PCR suggestion; your 3-month ELISA will be more accurate than a PCR, it is the GOLD standard. Believe me,you will not get a diff result in a 4 5 or 15 mth test.
Time to begin to forgive yourself, start to focus on life again and move on from unhealthy obsessing.

I am the poster child for that type of obsessing; and I've moved on. You will to..may as well begin now. Life is way to short and you have already paid overdue in guilt that is not fair to yourself.

Best wishes.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1506

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3