Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
DSKMan

Reged: 05/23/14
Devastated: All of the hallmark signs of HIV
      #276281 - 05/23/14 02:03 AM

I though oral sex was low risk, but I was wrong. Now I have all of the hallmark signs of HIV ARS. fever, cough, rash, mouth ulcers, odd rash, painful nodes in the neck. I just know I have HIV now, and I am in shock. I am planning on doing an HIV RNA test tomorrow, and if it is negative a Gen4 test in 3 or 4 more weeks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pleasehelp606

Reged: 05/14/14
Re: Devastated: All of the hallmark signs of HIV new
      #276283 - 05/23/14 05:49 PM

I just want you to know that I am or was, I don't know what I want to call it, but going through the same thing, I went for an rna and it came back negative at 28 days, I got a third generation at almost 6 weeks and it came back negative, I had a higher risk of unprotected sex with unknown status and I had all your symptoms, keep your head up and don't let the anxiety get to you

DSKMan

#276290 - 05/23/14 08:47 PM

I don't know what to do, can I ask were did you get your RNA test done?

I have really began thinking about suicide, I would really rather have a terminal cancer than hiv.

Pleasehelp606

#276291 - 05/23/14 09:10 PM

they have government funded facilities around there that you walk in anonymously they give you a rapid test, if that's negative they draw blood and send it into their lab and give you a number and in two weeks tell you to log into their website with that number and view your results, this is free, I was amazed by what they do, it's for their research they've been doing for the last 10 years for rna there, you can look up the name, also, if there's nothing like that around you, call (877) 457-3082 they ask your zip code and will give you your nearest lab and you order your test through them it's in the next 12 hours you can get it from that lab until two months from them, I got my third generation through them, exceptional service, they're so kind, and have soooo much knowledge as to what test and percentage and any other questions you may have, the best part about them is their results are all expedited I had mine emailed to me in less than 24 hours, (I waited over a week for my urgent cares results)

Pleasehelp606

#276292 - 05/23/14 09:14 PM

I'm sorry only half my message was posted, I live in Southern California and that facility was in San Diego where they have one of the highest developmental research programs in the us it's called lead the way

DSKMan

#276293 - 05/23/14 09:42 PM

The only test centers near me only offer 2nd Gen testing. If I want to do a 3rd or 4th gen test, I need to do it my self through labcorp without any counseling available.

DSKMan

Re: Devastated: All of the hallmark signs of HIV
      #276296 - 05/23/14 10:40 PM

The rash I have is also non itchy, classic HIV ARS symptom. I can't find any other disease that matches my symptoms like HIV.

Pleasehelp606

#276297 - 05/23/14 11:01 PM

As was mine, the only way I could have explained it was a room I was in the night before that was a work conference and was humid and might have had a bug bite started off looking like a couple little dots then like darker widespread version, may I ask where yours was, keep in mind oral is almost a no risk, very very very low risk

DSKMan

#276298 - 05/23/14 11:08 PM

I thought oral was very low risk, but only HIV can explain my symptoms.

My rash is on my left arm (forearm).

DSKMan

#276299 - 05/23/14 11:13 PM

I was thinking primary herpes infection could be what I have. I was reading that initial herpes infection (Herpetic gingivostomatitis) can cause similar symptoms as mine but that doesn't explain the rash. Even without the rash it would be a stretch to say it is herpes infection gone bad.

Pleasehelp606

#276300 - 05/23/14 11:16 PM

Don't go by symptoms go by tests, that's all I can say from experience, I had all symptoms and tests are proving me wrong, I was told today I was conclusive, from an expert, of course I'll be retested at 3 months but unless you had an open wound, surgery, or was bleeding from the mouth I have never read someone being infected by oral, saliva kills the virus that can live only seconds outside the body when exposed to air, even swallowing, stomache acid kills it before an infection can occur <3

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #276302 - 05/24/14 02:55 AM

First and foremost, oral is low risk and the "hallmark signs" are just symptoms to almost anything. You need to relax and realise things are not that bad. Obviously there is more to your story then you are sharing here.

Go get some counciling help if your mind is turning to suicide as you post further down, and feel free to private me if you just want to chat. I will NOTplay the symptom surf game with you or assess test though. If you are concerned go have a test, talk to a doctor at a sexual health clinic and calm down! Your way over reacting! If you need someone to talk about HIV and living, then I am here!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

DSKMan

#276304 - 05/24/14 04:02 PM

I know people say it is low risk, but apparently I am one of the unlucky ones, everything I have read about my symptoms and rash points to HIV. Remember I have non itchy maculopapular rash, aka an HIV rash seen almost exclusively in HIV.

I plan to be tested as soon as I am out of the window period, I wish it was easier to get an RNA test here, the longer I wait to be able to be tested, longer it takes to start medication, and for me to begin the support group that I hope to be able to utilize.

I am broken now because I realize I have HIV.

Edited by DSKMan (05/24/14 04:06 PM)

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #276305 - 05/24/14 05:45 PM

I will chalk up your terminal cancer comment on the grounds of ,out of control anxiousness and stupidity. And since two dear friends of mine just got diagnosed with cancer, I would appreciate if you would think before making such comments in the future. And in the meantime seek some appropreiate litature on Hiv , and stop surfing for symptoms till you know what your talking about. My two friends would trade their cancer for Hiv in a heartbeat.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #276307 - 05/24/14 06:08 PM

Well IF it is a maculopapular rash, then you should be just about over it if it's caused by HIV or a medication reaction. So good news!

If it's Scabies (sexually and casual contact), Syphilis (sexual contact), Rubella (contact [kissing sharing a glass], airborne), Chikungunya (mosquito), Dengue (mosquito), Low Cholesterol (poor diet), or a medication (antibiotics, Cefobid, Cefoperazone Sodium, and chemo treatments) that you are still taking for the long haul (All of which have the hallmark of maculopapular rashes), well then sitting on the PC feeling like your world is ending isn't going to help much. That's the bad news. As well most of those come with all your symptoms you mentioned vaguely thus far.

Here is the final piece of good news.

It's well within your power and capabilities to go and have it looked at by a doctor rather than GUESS that it's a maculopapular rash and it's HIV related. A rash of and by itself isn't a hallmark of anything either than unhealthy skin, irritation, and or stress. Hopefully you take that piece of good news and run with it like a golden ticket to your doctor where you can expedite a resolve to your crisis. Much healthier and a more proactive response than being reactive. Plus the doctor may be able to get you into the support group you need till you test. Win/Win for you.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5537

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3